Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Bookies....

Options
  • 25-02-2014 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,413 ✭✭✭✭

I see Ladbrokes are opening where Moores shop used be across from Lenehans pub top of Barrack st. Sigh....why do we need yet another bookies? Is there not one across the street and numerous others down John st? They actually knocked the old building and rebuilt this thing. I don'T get it myself but there must be a fortune in this game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Deathwish4

Kilkenny has a big gambling problem, the bookmakers recognise this and profit as is their want.

Betting Offices have also relaxed their views on Under 18's to my eye - Several of the regular football punters in the bookies on Patrick Street are barely 16 let alone 18.

Starts off with a €1 here and there as a young fella but it can be a slippery slope..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Kkid

Road High in short yes and no. Yes there is one across the road that is closing next week once the other opens, their rent is up. Secondly no there are not numerous on John Street just Paddy Powers. I would say that the 2 Paddy Powers and 4 Ladbrokes in town make a good deal more than the Harringtons and what used to be Celtic on Kieran St. Independent Bookies would be less used in general anymore. Personally I don’t see it as a big deal, and most similar sized areas woudl have as many.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

road_high wrote: »
    I see Ladbrokes are opening where Moores shop used be across from Lenehans pub top of Barrack st. Sigh....why do we need yet another bookies? Is there not one across the street and numerous others down John st? They actually knocked the old building and rebuilt this thing. I don'T get it myself but there must be a fortune in this game.

I'm pretty sure they are moving from the big shop into the smaller one.

I've been in there a few times over the years, mainly on the 'big' days. They struggle to fill it. It's absolutely massive. It makes sense to move to the smaller shop.

Advertisement