Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"How-to" become a VoIP supplier / installer for business

Options
  • 25-02-2014 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi,

How to become an installer / reseller /support of a VoIP systems ?
    I need aback-end support of a local based company and i am not trying to source / install /learn any open source systems,as few of you mentioned here...

I mean,i call in my client's office and if asked,to present them a business case of why moving to VoIP is so much fun to be able to do it.
    I "called" Blueface using their online application and asked for a reseller application and i have received no reply.I guess i have to keep trying as their Sales guys are not so pro-active !?

I don't want to take business from some of you posting here but just wanna be capable and confident on this matter,when asked by some end users.
    A recent case,i've installed a new network in an office,they got VoIP and they wants me to look after the phone system...

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

A few providers do a white label or reseller product if you do not want to host your own systems, perhaps this is what you're after?

If you are to become a VoIP provider you will need to register with Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

I assume that you mean an installer/maintainer of IP telephony solutions?
    If that is the case, each solution will have its own programming interface and whereas certification may not be necessary, it would be difficult to have a working knowledge of the full range.
    For example, if you have a working knowledge of an Avaya IP Office, it doesn't follow that you will be able to troubleshoot a Mitel or Alcatel or Cisco or NEC or Panasonic or Toshiba.
    An alternative is to focus on the open source, but is is difficult to see where you will earn money from this model as customers see them as plug and pray.
    Becoming an agent for someone like Blueface may be a better alternative, where you could focus on the product that they recommend.

Advertisement