Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAG week in Sligo.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

LaGlisse wrote: »
    I fairness to them its 5 Grand over the target

So next year maybe they can stop the good work when they reach their target.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Kettleson wrote: »
    So next year maybe they can stop the good work when they reach their target.

What's your point?

It was one of the quietest rag weeks in years, with no major incidents being reported.

The student union, gardai and the college have finally got some bit of control on rag week through cooperation and dialogue.

A lot of the hangers on who land down fir a week of acting the prick seem to be staying away, and less will come when they see sligo's not as mad as it used to be.

What would you like to happen? The college throw the toys out of the pram and ban it?

Look how well that's worked out elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭kc90

..I wonder how much that works our per student? You'd wonder what the overtime and extra Garda on duty needed might have been, if anything? Still the kids had a good time eh...with no obvious harm done.

"Nearly 3,000 students at the IT". That's good going, €2 raised per head. Hurrah!

It was a pretty good figure. If you think 3000 students were involved, you're naive. Garda overtime has nothing to do with the proceeds raised, do you have a point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,286 ✭✭✭SprostonGreen

They broke every keep left sign on the Manorhamilton rd and not for the first time either. I hate each and every one of the *****.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Noticed this, very dangerous for motorists as those little traffic islands are almost invisible in the dark without the signs.

Could cause a serious accident if someone overtook there and did not see the islands.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

..I wonder how much that works our per student? You'd wonder what the overtime and extra Garda on duty needed might have been, if anything? Still the kids had a good time eh...with no obvious harm done.

"Nearly 3,000 students at the IT". That's good going, €2 raised per head. Hurrah!

Correction, there is over 5,000 students in the IT!!

Advertisement