Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish teachers in Korea and Pension.

• 25-02-2014 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi I've got an issue in regards to paying towards a Pension in Korea. I understand that Irish teachers don't get a pension but we still have to contribute to some kind of social security fund. Am I right about this?

I am worried about this because I have a contract on my hands that I am considering signing, but doesn't mention anything about Pension. I have a funny feeling that if I have to contribute to any fund, I will have to pay 100% towards this fund if the contract doesn't state that both the employer and employee pay 50% each. Am I right about this?

Anyone insight would be great! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

yep, we have to pay the pension and don't get it back because there is no agreement between the Irish and Korean government.

Honestly, if i were you, I would be asking what the story is with the pension. From what i've seen schools who aren't paying pension/taxes correctly are the ones who aren't doing everything above board in other areas like health insurance etc.

Advertisement