Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can somebody recommend a pub for Sunday lunch in Lucan?

Options
  • 25-02-2014 2:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Can somebody recommend a good Sunday Hot Lunch in the Lucan Area ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

La Banca has a decent lunch menu. Have had Sunday lunch in reeds on the river a couple of times, was always good, there's a different special every week. Becketts do a 3 course lunch for €25. Most of the pubs in the village do how food of some sort!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

faolteam wrote: »
    Can somebody recommend a good Sunday Hot Lunch in the Lucan Area ?

So what pub do u recommend for hot Sunday lunch

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

Reeds on the river is the restaurant part of Courtney's pub, they do everything from sandwiched to hot meals. Also the food in The Lord lucan is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Kenny's do a pretty good carvery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Fagashlil wrote: »
    Reeds on the river is the restaurant part of Courtney's pub, they do everything from sandwiched to hot meals. Also the food in The Lord lucan is good.

+1 on the "Lord Lucan" in Finnstown. Good food, portions and prices, better than the "Penny Hill" pub in every regard.

-1 on the restaurant attached to Courtneys.
    We used to go to Courtneys when they served pub grub directly, the Chicken Maryland was lovely. Then they stopped that and directed us to the attached restaurant.
    So "Reeds" is not pub grub and I never returned after an overpriced and underwhelming lamb shank Sunday dinner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I was looking at the menu for Carroll's today and it looked pretty good.
    I may have issues with their beer selection but the food does look better than most other places.
    I don't think much of the food in Kennys, it seems to have gone downhill in the last while.

Advertisement