Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage approval for first time buyer!

Options
  • 25-02-2014 8:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My partner and I applied for a mortgage on thursday with AIB for €200k they said it should take 4-5days for approval! but since this we have seen a house that we like for €210k, can i just ring mortgage advisor to see can she change amount on application or will i need to reapply all over again??
    Any advice appreciated 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

My partner and I applied for a mortgage on thursday with AIB for €200k they said it should take 4-5days for approval! but since this we have seen a house that we like for €210k, can i just ring mortgage advisor to see can she change amount on application or will i need to reapply all over again??
    Any advice appreciated 😊

It might have to go back to the underwriters for re-approval since you are applying for more, if you have to do it again. Get approval for the max possible amount.

The banks have no problem decreasing the amount

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RachaelDevins

Kenno90 wrote: »
    It might have to go back to the underwriters for re-approval since you are applying for more, if you have to do it again. Get approval for the max possible amount.

The banks have no problem decreasing the amount

Thanks, do you think i'll need to get salary certs filled out by our employers again or will previous ones do??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Thanks, do you think i'll need to get salary certs filled out by our employers again or will previous ones do??

No you shouldn't need to do that again. Unless they've changed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

They wont lend you 100% of the cost of the house. 90% max. So for a house on sale for 210k, the max you can apply for is 189k.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 RachaelDevins

Anyone wrote: »
    They wont lend you 100% of the cost of the house. 90% max. So for a house on sale for 210k, the max you can apply for is 189k.

Sorry I know that thanks am with AIB they give 92% LTV up to the value of €400k. We have been previously approved with BOI but AIB have better rates so gonna go with them. Hopefully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

You just need to advise the bank of the new purchase price asap however you also need to advise them of the new address, if freehold or leasehold, year built and how many rooms/bedrooms etc.

Any advice appreciated 😊

Advertisement