Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stark difference in price. A joke

Options
  • 25-02-2014 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

I can't see any difference between these properties. They are a few doors apart, both need modernisation and the cheaper of the two has the 'better' BER. A friend of mine recently advised that her husband will be selling the family home and asked my advice on an EA to sell. Looking at those price differences, glad I didn't say D*G as the house will be left sitting there for a long time. Sh*rry fi*z and D*G truly know how to take the micheal!!!

http://m.myhome.ie/for-sale/brochure/2751212

http://m.myhome.ie/for-sale/brochure/2709502

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

more often than not it is the seller that picks the price, the agent only advises. The more expensive of the 2 may be a family home and the sellers feel its 'worth' the price tag because of attachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

Its hard to say the reasons behind sale - Mortgage they have / if its a dead parents house being sold (looks mature in the pics), how quick they need cash... Selllers choice, can ask what they want, whether they will get it or not!

The cheaper one had been rewired / better BER / updated gas heating system - not to say the other doesn't.

Hard to comment on the below as I do not know the area but seems the lower price is looking for a quicker sale and the more expensive one, they may be testing the market and see if someone will pay the price / no rush to sell...

ppr.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Marchbride

Its hard to say the reasons behind sale - Mortgage they have / if its a dead parents house being sold (looks mature in the pics), how quick they need cash... Selllers choice, can ask what they want, whether they will get it or not!

The cheaper one had been rewired / better BER / updated gas heating system - not to say the other doesn't.

Hard to comment on the below as I do not know the area but seems the lower price is looking for a quicker sale and the more expensive one, they may be testing the market and see if someone will pay the price / no rush to sell...

ppr.jpg

Thank you for the info cork :)
    It just amazed me that there was a difference of 100k I the price. I know that the seller can put their own asking price but do EA's not do the valuation and offer guide price more often than not? From my house hunting it does appear that D*G & sh*rry fit* are the ones with over priced properties.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

Ya its a bit mad alright - considering the houses are a few doors apart... i'd say the lower one is a stress sell / or needs cash, fire in a low ball offer to see the reaction!

There's an EA in Cork that renowned for having crazy high prices, like +25 - 40% on the actual value, must be from some sort of disillusioned view that it will sell for the higher price and will end up getting a measly few more quid on his percentage cut of the sale price, funnily enough - he was the only one in the town to go out of business and sold the least properties... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

Sometimes a "low" price is there to gain interest in the property - then several people get interested and a bidding war starts, raising the price quite considerably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Would be interesting to call the EA of the higher priced house to understand their logic when you point out the price tag of the house a few doors up. Although in all likelihood the houses will sell for similar money, somewhere between 295k and 395k.

Advertisement