Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch rugby Ire v Fra while in Brooklyn

Options
  • 25-02-2014 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

I'll be in Brooklyn (around 3rd Ave & 12th St.) on March 15th and would like to watch the Ireland v France game either live (10AM EST) or recorded. Any suggestions on where I could catch the game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Try the Irish Haven 5721 4th Avenue. ph: 718 439 9893

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Normally I would have said my house but I'll be in the UK so I'd suggest The Atlantic ChipShop. They have shown all the games so far, doesn't get too full and the food and beer is excellent!

It's also very close to the French area of Brooklyn and there's nothing better than watching a game with rival supporters in a neutral country.

I don't know if the the Irish Haven are showing the rugby. They generally show pretty much every GAA match there is but I've never gone there for a rugby match. Give them a call all the same to have a back-up plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭woppi

Try the Irish Haven 5721 4th Avenue. ph: 718 439 9893

I just phoned them...it's GAA all the way at The Irish Haven, no rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

woppi wrote: »
    I'll be in Brooklyn (around 3rd Ave & 12th St.) on March 15th and would like to watch the Ireland v France game either live (10AM EST) or recorded. Any suggestions on where I could catch the game?

FYI kick off is at 1pm EST.

I’ll be visiting NYC for that weekend but I’ve no idea where to watch it so cant help you there.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Foxtrol wrote: »

I’ll be visiting NYC for that weekend but I’ve no idea where to watch it so cant help you there.

If you're in Manhattan then Id suggest the Kinsale Tavern on 3rd avenue which shows all the rugby matches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

For all your sporting needs: http://www.irishemigrant.com/ie/sports.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Foxtrol wrote: »

Pedantic correction - 1 p.m. EDT

The match is at 18:00 local time (CET) in Paris which will be 17:00 GMT which in turn is 13:00 EDT (GMT-4) as the US will be moving to daylight saving time the previous Sunday. Clocks go forward in Europe on March 30th.

Advertisement