Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 28 Captain Poll

• 25-02-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭

With Suarez no longer looking perma-captainable, this GW promises to be one where captain choice could prove crucial. Sturridge seems like a sensible alternative, although Southampton is no easy job, and Cardiff are primed for an Adebayor-inspired ass-whupping.

Who's it to be?

Who's the best GW 28 captain? 168 votes

Suarez (sot)
    0%
    Sturridge (sot)
    20%
    IagoArmaniJeanssDeadParrotronan.hEl festinojimmy456NabyLadisthemanInvincibleBoskowskiTockmanslingerz8-10PirateShampooMr. MuddlethegreengoblinpahCrabieCrawfordOneColdHandDubstar07TimeToShine 34 votes
    Adebayor (CAR)
    25%
    Miguel_SanchezSkySterthe whole year innuRbaNSooner or Later[Deleted User]monster1rock whoreciaran76zarquon00sullyGLaDOSAce2007garraPanthroWoollyRedHatjaybe1greensausageFirst Explorerdaithijjj 42 votes
    Hazard (ful)
    44%
    SickBoygarmachiavellianmerorycBulmersLemlinBinkaRikandshreddedloopstimbelmailburner[Deleted User]big_show[Deleted User]tom_kmoreauDearg81ShaneUjimmiimenoscemo 75 votes
    Bony (CPL)
    6%
    NalzsandtredarmySaKi-The-Killerx PyRoMarkxBig Pussy BonpensieroEasy RodMouzoneZiegler1988Fant11 11 votes
    Jelavic (NEW)
    1%
    PWEIRay vonbiscuits1988 3 votes
    Lallana (LIV)
    0%
    bangkok 1 vote
    Adam (ARS)
    0%
    Walter White 1 vote
    Nolan (eve)
    0%
    Giroud (sto)
    0%
    Other
    0%
    manual_man 1 vote

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I'm going to wait until the weekend to decide. Southampton v Liverpool could be a goalfest or a 0-0. You don't know how Spurs will be on Sunday after playing in the Europa league on Thursday night (albeit at home) and I think Adebayor could play in the Europa league and rested in the PL if his leg problems persist.

Right now, I have it on Adebayor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Hazard (ful)
    Pretty sure I'll go with Ade.

Need one to come off and a bit concerned at this 'playing through injury' lark. Soldado will probably get a hat trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Bony (CPL)
    Currently have it on Hazard although I might throw it back to Suarez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,147 ✭✭✭G1032

Hazard (ful)
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    I'm going to wait until the weekend to decide. Southampton v Liverpool could be a goalfest or a 0-0. You don't know how Spurs will be on Sunday after playing in the Europa league on Thursday night (albeit at home) and I think Adebayor could play in the Europa league and rested in the PL if his leg problems persist.

FHFC wrote: »
    Pretty sure I'll go with Ade.

Need one to come off and a bit concerned at this 'playing through injury' lark. Soldado will probably get a hat trick!

Whats this about? I hadn't heard anything and I was going to sell RVP this week for Adebayor. Is that a transfer I need to hold off on until as late as possible?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Adebayor (CAR)
    Ade has shown to be inconsistent, 15 points one week, 2 the next. If he plays in Europe during the week, I may leave it off him.

Will stick with Sturridge if so.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hazard (ful)
    Think I'll be trying Ade. Getting the captaincy wrong last week almost doubled my rivals lead, need to get it right this time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

G1032 wrote: »
    Whats this about? I hadn't heard anything and I was going to sell RVP this week for Adebayor. Is that a transfer I need to hold off on until as late as possible?

He has been playing with a niggling leg injury for about a month. I'd probably keep Van Persie tbh.

Hazard (ful)
    FutureGuy wrote: »

I'd hope Spurs priority will be the PL so would hope the rest would be in Europa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Adebayor (CAR)
    Guess it has to be Sturridge. I still rate Suarez higher even for points in this game but need to go with the form player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Hazard (ful)
    Plan for now is to bring in Ade but as others have said it will probably depend on what happens this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sticking with Sturridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Adebayor (CAR)
    Suarez has burnt me for 3 weeks now because i could not go with my gut. My instincts are Ade and Sturridge and therefore i will pick of these - cue Suarez to have the game of his life!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hazard (ful)
    It is between Suarez, Sturridge Adebayor and Hazard right now.
    Just finished watching Chelsea's CL game and Hazard is probably off the list.
    Will wait for tomorrow Spurs game and see how it goes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭HighClass

Don't really want to go with Ade after he burned me last week. Sturridge probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Hazard (ful)
    Likewise, if Adebayor doesn't play in Europe, I'll captain him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭biscuits1988

Jelavic (NEW)
    I have it on Bony for the moment but with their Europa game tonight I may yet change that. I do think Southampton will limit Liverpool to 2 goals this weekend... so I think it's time for a gamble.

Swansea seem to be scoring plenty of goals under Monk (have seen very little of their play though) and Bony might be coming into form after his two goals last week. He'll be going after this weekend anyway (RVP coming in) so might as well try and finish with a flourish!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

Hazard (ful)
    so will adebayor play?

Hazard (ful)
    so will adebayor play?
    I would say so. Soldado wouldn't hit a barn door from 3 paces. I'm 90% sure I'll captain Ade this week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Adebayor (CAR)
    I'm putting the armband on Sturridge... it's completely going against my "never take the armband off Suarez" rule after i was burned twice by it but Sturridge is looking to good at the moment not to risk it and i am falling miles behind so playing it safe isn't going to cut it! Its too late to make any ground without taking risks and i cant do much worse then i have this season.

Hazard (ful)
    I'm putting the armband on Sturridge... it's completely going against my "never take the armband off Suarez" rule after i was burned twice by it but Sturridge is looking to good at the moment not to risk it and i am falling miles behind so playing it safe isn't going to cut it! Its too late to make any ground without taking risks and i cant do much worse then i have this season.

This is why I'm giving the armband to Adebayor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭JR6

G1032 wrote: »
    This is why I'm giving the armband to Adebayor

I'm leaning towards Sturridge right now...On top form and well ... just damn greedy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭The Megaphone

Sturridge (sot)
    On those captaining Ade - what do you think of the fact that only 1 of his goals in the PL this season has been scored at home...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Hazard (ful)
    Most of the other clubs in the Premier League have been his home at one time or another

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Still 11 GWs to go including at least 2 but most certainly 3 DGWs to come. It's just a little less than a third of the whole season.
    We're also just entering in the key moment of the season where the title, european positions domestic and european cups games will be decided.

So, there can still be many shifts in form from players and teams and therefore I'd say there's still plenty time to make or lose ground in this bloody game !

That said Sturridge isn't a wild risk at present. He's on fire and Liverpool are scoring big. Had (C) all week on Adebayor but the fact he played yesterday and his home stats in White Hart Lane this season (though yesterday was in WHL) makes me wonder now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Adebayor (CAR)
    Caught between captaining Adebayor and Sturridge. I sold Suarez. Probably madness but heeey. I've had him since his first gameweek of the season. :'( He's gone for now, which leaves those two as the obvious ones. Might flip a coin.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Adebayor (CAR)
    iroced wrote: »
    Still 11 GWs to go including at least 2 but most certainly 3 DGWs to come. It's just a little less than a third of the whole season.
    We're also just entering in the key moment of the season where the title, european positions domestic and european cups games will be decided.

So, there can still be many shifts in form from players and teams and therefore I'd say there's still plenty time to make or lose ground in this bloody game !

That said Sturridge isn't a wild risk at present. He's on fire and Liverpool are scoring big. Had (C) all week on Adebayor but the fact he played yesterday and his home stats in White Hart Lane this season (though yesterday was in WHL) makes me wonder now...

Ah i know there is still time left! But in any of the boards competitions im a lost cause, i've had a woeful season and the standard around here is so high! My main aim now is just to win my two money leagues. i'm second in one and 4th in another but 40 points from first!

If i can pull a rabbit out of a hat and somehow close that gap between us in the next leg of the Europa i wouldn't be complaining either but that ship has sailed id say! :P

Sturridge isn't that big of a risk at the moment no, but i just meant a risk in taking the armband off Suarez as i've only done it twice this season and BOTH times he got double bloody figures :rolleyes: I'm just wary is all and considering he hasn't gone wild recently i'd say he is due a rampage soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Adebayor (CAR)
    The only possible risk with Sturridge is that Brendan Rodgers will be keen to get Suarez back amongst the goals. Sturridge's greed is costing Suarez a lot and it must surely be somewhat frustrating to him. It's notable that Rodgers regularly takes Sturridge off early and gets Suarez right up top.

In saying that, it's Sturridge for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Hazard (ful)
    Paddy_R wrote: »
    The only possible risk with Sturridge is that Brendan Rodgers will be keen to get Suarez back amongst the goals. Sturridge's greed is costing Suarez a lot and it must surely be somewhat frustrating to him. It's notable that Rodgers regularly takes Sturridge off early and gets Suarez right up top.

In saying that, it's Sturridge for me.

I would argue "regularly". It's pretty infrequent I would have said.

He's been quite naive IMO in the way he has let the 2 (SAS) have more minutes than they could in games that were well won throughout the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Hazard (ful)
    Adebayor's points totals at home have been 2 (WBA), 8(Stoke), 5(Palace), 2(City), 8 (Everton). That's not bad and certainly isn't an indicator that he's necessarily bad at home. Especially when you consider how bad Cardiff are away from home I think he's a good option.

Him having played midweek does bother me a little though, Spurs could slip up but i still would really fancy them beating Cardiff comfortably.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Adebayor (CAR)
    Thinking Sturridge or Hazard. Leaning towards Sturridge at the minute but I'll see how I feel in morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Sturridge (sot)
    PARlance wrote: »

He's been quite naive IMO in the way he has let the 2 (SAS) have more minutes than they could in games that were well won throughout the season.

Why should he take them off?

Thinking Suarez as a differential. Now who would have thought that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Reedsie

Adebayor (CAR)
    PARlance wrote: »

Against Swansea he was taken off shortly after denying Suarez a goal by being too greedy. The same happened in the Arsenal game, after just 65 minutes. He lasted 70 against Everton. That's three early games in the last five. That's hardly infrequent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sturridge (sot)
    Thinking of going with Suarez.... have a feeling in my waters he due a haul

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Sturridge (sot)
    Thinking of going with Suarez.... have a feeling in my waters he due a haul

well your username certainly suggets you think he's the right choice.

torn between him and ade myself but think i'll go with suarez as he's still playing excellent, just been incredibly ublucky with efforts hitting the post etc. it's not as if he's all of a sudden gone missing in games. he's still as dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Sturridge (sot)
    Hogey007 wrote: »
    well your username certainly suggets you think he's the right choice.

torn between him and ade myself but think i'll go with Suarez as he's still playing excellent, just been incredibly ublucky with efforts hitting the post etc. it's not as if he's all of a sudden gone missing in games. he's still as dangerous.

Very true. My decision will probably based on who I think my 2 rivals may go with. I've a feeling they may choose Ade so I may play safe and go with him. I'll decide in the morning!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Hazard (ful)
    Ade for me, Cardiff are the worst team in the premiership at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Hazard (ful)
    Sticking with Ade over hazard/sas. Tough decision, but Cardiff are cat. Spurs' midweek game is a real deterrent for me though.

Adebayor (CAR)
    Gone with Sturridge. With the form he's in, I can't see him not scoring. Plus I finally bought him so...this better not be the week where he and Suarez role-reverse. Think Spurs might be a bit tired after playing whatever they were called midweek. Who knows though? Either way, Studge it is.

(Cue Suarez hat-trick.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Adebayor (CAR)
    Gone with Sturridge. With the form he's in, I can't see him not scoring. Plus I finally bought him so...this better not be the week where he and Suarez role-reverse. Think Spurs might be a bit tired after playing whatever they were called midweek. Who knows though? Either way, Studge it is.

(Cue Suarez hat-trick.)

can see Liverpool having a bad week, they lost to Southampton at home, and haven't beaten them in over 10 years away, so not looking good.

Hazard (ful)
    Have it on Adebayor over Suarez.

Mind 100% made up.

About to go to bed.

Read this thread.

Now I have 'the fear'.

Fook the lot a yis. :)

• Advertisement

Adebayor (CAR)
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    can see Liverpool having a bad week, they lost to Southampton at home, and haven't beaten them in over 10 years away, so not looking good.

Shush now. I FINALLY bought Sturridge so he has to do something.

(Otherwise I might cry.)

Adebayor (CAR)
    FHFC wrote: »
    Have it on Adebayor over Suarez.

Mind 100% made up.

About to go to bed.

Read this thread.

Now I have 'the fear'.

Fook the lot a yis. :)

Me too, FHFC, me too. My captain choice has been bad this last month so I reaaaally need a win. Should make a new rule: no checking boards or FPL sites before bed-time! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard (ful)
    Ace2007 wrote: »

They have only played them twice away in 10 years as southampton have spent 8 of the last 10 years out of the premier league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Hazard (ful)
    Im going with ade. Its my gut feeling and he tops that esbo thing on total fpl.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Sturridge (sot)
    Another reason why or why not to go with Suarez..
    He has scored against every team in the leave except one.. That one been..yes Southampton.

Fate? Maybe.. Its his 100th appearance in te league tomorrow too..

Gonna give him the armband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭Dubstar07

Sturridge (sot)
    Looking at the last 3 GWs, the poll topper hasn't scored the most. Just bought Studge, have Suarez & Ade too. Going with Luis for now but fear Studge could out point him again this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

Hazard (ful)
    Adebayor because why not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Adebayor (CAR)
    Don't have Ade so after a coin toss between Studge and Suarez have gone for Studge. First time in five weeks I have not captained Suarez. Cue goalfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Hazard (ful)
    Hazard.

1st vs Last. Hoping for a goalfest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

45% on Adebayor
    26% on Sturridge

To go with the crowd, or follow my gut.

• Advertisement
Advertisement