Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Counties and regions of NI

Options
  • 25-02-2014 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Did people in NI still use counties? I know officially the gov does not for its councils, but locally do people still prefer to reference areas by counties or otherwise?

If you were searching a website how would you prefer the regions to be broken up? I suppose is what I'm asking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭dwayned

searching for the likes of houses, stuff on gumtree etc you would still use counties as well as maybe a Belfast option (as Belfast is both Co. Down and Co. Antrim) but it really depends on what the site is being used for

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭belacqua_

6 counties plus Belfast is the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

If you were searching a website how would you prefer the regions to be broken up? I suppose is what I'm asking

Like this \/\/\/
    belacqua_ wrote: »
    6 counties plus Belfast is the norm.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

6 Counties + Belfast + Derry. Annoying as hell searching for jobs in Derry and getting ones 50 miles away. I know every county has this problem but Derry is a big enough city to have it's own reference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,587 ✭✭✭Penfailed

irish_goat wrote: »
    6 Counties + Belfast + Derry. Annoying as hell searching for jobs in Derry and getting ones 50 miles away. I know every county has this problem but Derry is a big enough city to have it's own reference.

Fair point.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭site designer

all good stuff, I do have a section for sub regions, though

for ROI is goes like:

ROI > Greater Dublin > Dublin City
    ROI > South East > Co. Kilkenny

So for examples for NI

NI > Belfast Region > Belfast City
    NI > Co Armagh > ???

I hit the county area a step earlier, which is an issue

Advertisement