Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brentwood court wilton

Options
  • 25-02-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi all

Was thinking of buying a flat in Brentwood court cork
    I know little about what is a good or bad area in cork,
    Can anyone tell me something about this area

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

zuber wrote: »
    Hi all

Was thinking of buying a flat in Brentwood court cork
    I know little about what is a good or bad area in cork,
    Can anyone tell me something about this area

Thank you

That's right next to Sarsfield Road and adjacent to the new flyover/roundabout for the link. Some volume of traffic there, road noise might be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 zuber

That's right next to Sarsfield Road and adjacent to the new flyover/roundabout for the link. Some volume of traffic there, road noise might be an issue.

Thank you for your reply
    Is it considered an ok area in cork I guess cork like every city has some not so good areas

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Thank you for your reply
    Is it considered an ok area in cork I guess cork like every city has some not so good areas

Despite being from the adjacent Togher, I've no real knowledge of the place. One thing I'll say is that when I'd walk from parents to Wilton shopping centre I'd cut through the almost adjacent elmvale and up Sarsfield Road. I won't do that walk any more given the volume of traffic and nature of the road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

The traffic from Sarsfield Road and potentially the flyover would be the only issue I can think of.
    Plus, looks like some construction work still to be done at the roundabout, so may be some additional noise for a while.

Not sure what it's going to be like crossing over to get to Wilton Shopping Centre (was a lot handier when the walkway was there).

Best thing to do, is visit the area in the morning, noon-ish, and then approx 5pm; if you have the free time.
    You'll get a handle on the traffic, potential noise levels, crossing over to the Wilton side, .. etc

If you're buying, then check it out as much as possible.
    Also could be worth asking those already living there, worth a try.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I actually live very near there, so I could answer a few questions for you. It's a quite enough place. I wouldn't say that traffic has gotten any worse since the flyover and I don't think there has been any increase in noise. Well, either that or I'm just used to it now.

You're only 5 minutes walk from Wilton Shopping Center from there and there is a new path out to Dunnes on the Bandon Road. There is also a bus stop outside the estate that will bring you directly in town. It's a really nice location.

Edit: Just to say that the path to Wilton is a bit arseways at the moment (a good few sets of traffic lights to walk through), but it looks like this may be sorted out soon. As for other construction work, it looks to me that there is just some tidying up to do, nothing major.

• Advertisement

The traffic from Sarsfield Road and potentially the flyover would be the only issue I can think of.
    Plus, looks like some construction work still to be done at the roundabout, so may be some additional noise for a while.

Not sure what it's going to be like crossing over to get to Wilton Shopping Centre (was a lot handier when the walkway was there).

Best thing to do, is visit the area in the morning, noon-ish, and then approx 5pm; if you have the free time.
    You'll get a handle on the traffic, potential noise levels, crossing over to the Wilton side, .. etc

If you're buying, then check it out as much as possible.
    Also could be worth asking those already living there, worth a try.

Best of luck.

Thank you very much

I actually live very near there, so I could answer a few questions for you. It's a quite enough place. I wouldn't say that traffic has gotten any worse since the flyover and I don't think there has been any increase in noise. Well, either that or I'm just used to it now.

You're only 5 minutes walk from Wilton Shopping Center from there and there is a new path out to Dunnes on the Bandon Road. There is also a bus stop outside the estate that will bring you directly in town. It's a really nice location.

Good info cheers, some good people in cork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Good info Knifey.
    Forgot about the path to Dunnes. I lived on the Wilton side, and the path on that side was very useful.
    The No214 passes the estate, so might be worth checking that bus timetable: http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1360754244-214.pdf
    Depending on where you are working/studying, it may be off help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

not specific to the area but have you checked out if you will be liable for management fees? Often apartments are subject to these. The fees can be very high too. Just something to check out.

Actually no management fees, but real estate agent tells me the flat is noe 73,000 and not the 65,000 thats which there web-sites says, that changes everything for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 Pompette

Check out if it is affected by flooding. Parts of the estates around there can be hit by it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

Pompette wrote: »
    Check out if it is affected by flooding. Parts of the estates around there can be hit by it!

Is it the estate built by Piearse or Pearce as you exit westbound up Sarsfield road

If it is there was subsidence issues there about 8-10 years ago

So be sure and ask all relevant questions

soundsham wrote: »
    Is it the estate built by Piearse or Pearce as you exit westbound up Sarsfield road

If it is there was subsidence issues there about 8-10 years ago

So be sure and ask all relevant questions

Thanks, but at 65,000 it was ok, now at 75,000 its out of reach

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Thanks, but at 65,000 it was ok, now at 75,000 its out of reach

I hear ya, 10k jump is significant. Estate agents are loving this, we're slowly beginning to inflate that property bubble again.

Advertisement