Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kuranda or Trojan bed for kennel?

• 25-02-2014 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

I recently bought some vet bed from bronte glen (should be here this week) for our lab to sleep on at night indoors. During the day, however, he is in the back garden for a few hours. He has a lovely kennel but anytime I put bedding in there he drags it out and chews it if he can. Then seemingly wonders why his kennel isn't as comfortable :rolleyes: Anyway I want to put something comfy in there for him, what would be best, the Trojan Mattress or a Kuranda bed? Or are these needlessly expensive if it's only for a few hours during the day?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭odckdo

I have the Bronte Glen Trojan bed for indoors. Very strong but I always thought a dog could rip it up if they wanted?

Would vet bedding in a plastic bed do if it is only for a few hours?

Don't know much about the Kuranda but similar raised beds called 'Coolaroo' on Amazon with an extra 15% off + free delivery. (They also do Bronte Glen vet bedding.)

www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dpets&field-keywords=Coolaroo%20Pet%20Bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have on of these and find it great - http://www.theoriginaluk.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=49&Itemid=57

It was supposed to be for outside but we ended up using it inside as it look neater than the old bed lol! If you keep an eye on their FB they often have 20% off sales ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Great, thanks, I'll keep an eye on those. For the time being I might just put some vet bed in the kennel. He spends most of the time outside it anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My pup (same age as your guy) loves nothing better than to sit on a sun lounger in the garden - might be a cheaper option for you lol. :p

Advertisement