Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Welsh Conman

Options
  • 25-02-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Warning anybody who is selling horses via the internet (donedeal) or paper advertisements please be aware that there is a welsh conman and his wife/partner who puts time and effort to sweet talk you into selling and transporting your horse. He will even put you onto a "bank manager" and give you a transaction number etc. IF THE DEAL APPEARS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE than it is!! Please do not transport your horse until the bank CLEARS any money to your account so then you know you have a legitimate buyer. This man has scammed so many people in the UK and is very active in Ireland at the moment, if you have a few horses to sell he may even pay you for one of them in the hope of scamming the rest. I cannot tell you how nice and legitimate he sounds, proposing to be a very large dairy farmer in Wales. Here are some links below to some of the poor people he scammed... Hope this circulates around and please be careful!!!!!!!

mod edit: <snip>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

Pity the links have been removed but I respect the Mod's reason

Another favourite scam are horseboxes and horse lorries

He is particularly interested in young show jumpers preferably broken and are well bred. I cannot stress enough that this guy is super smooth

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,205 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

cheers for that, I have a pony for sale at the moment. I'm not advertising him on donedeal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

Charlie he will take anything he can get and he has some Irish accomplaces as we'll, leave nothing outta ur yard til the money is in ur hand. Irish field and horse and hound will b running an article in the next week or soy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭MDFM

budweiser6 wrote: »
    Charlie he will take anything he can get and he has some Irish accomplaces as we'll, leave nothing outta ur yard til the money is in ur hand. Irish field and horse and hound will b running an article in the next week or soy

What is the exact scam in question? If he is paying you and taking the horse in return, leaving the money in your hand? Unless it's a cheque that is..

Advertisement