Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Hammock

• 25-02-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭

I just bought a car with lovely cream seats and they aren't likely to stay that way with the dogs! Are those hammocks any good for the back seats and where would I get one for good value? Can the dog be harnessed in with it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

I have one of the hammocks for when the dogs are very wet. I find it very useful and it certainly does the job. It connects to the head rests on front seats, and to the head rests on the back seat. I bought mine in a 'pound shop' so it was cheap as chips (funny expression - chips cost a bomb these days :D sorry I digress!) The one I have (actually have one for my husbands car too - different brand) doesnt have 'holes' to allow the dogs harness to be attached to the seat belt thingits... but I suppose if you harness your dogs you could cut a hole... Think they had them in Woodies recently or Amazon have them for various prices: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dog%20hammocks&sprefix=dog+hammocks%2Caps&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Adog%20hammocks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

I have one of these:
    http://m.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/car_bed/car_seat_mats/129694

Expensive but its the bees knees. I think I got it off the .de site as it was cheaper there. It has a solid base so it turns the entire back seat area into a big platform and it's really sturdy. There's openings for seatbelts so you can attach a harness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I have one of these:
    http://m.zooplus.ie/shop/dogs/dog_cages_carriers/car_bed/car_seat_mats/129694

Expensive but its the bees knees. I think I got it off the .de site as it was cheaper there. It has a solid base so it turns the entire back seat area into a big platform and it's really sturdy. There's openings for seatbelts so you can attach a harness.

I have that one too. I got it after puppy Bailey somehow managed to get under the other one I had and ate my car mats lol! All of the cheaper ones I got broke at the buckles. The zooplus one is much better quality and will last years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Thanks guys but that's far more than I was hoping to spend. Might try a cheap one from a pound shop and see how I go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Personally, I wouldn't waste your money. I have suede seats in my car so I have an old sheet that I put on the back seat and it does the job perfectly! I put it over the head rests and stick it into the side of the seats. I keep it in my boot so its there at all times! Only cost me €2 in Ikea! :)

• Advertisement

Ashbx wrote: »
    Personally, I wouldn't waste your money. I have suede seats in my car so I have an old sheet that I put on the back seat and it does the job perfectly! I put it over the head rests and stick it into the side of the seats. I keep it in my boot so its there at all times! Only cost me €2 in Ikea! :)

You obviously don't have water babies!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Ashbx

Not everytime but we go down to sandymount beach a good bit and let her off in the water there so she does get wet but the sheet does the job.

Now it should be said that my car is in no way a brand new car so if the seats get wet im not too fussed as long as they aren't filthy!

Maybe check some of the UK sites - loads of them have sales on for Crufts weekend ;) I went thru a few of the cheap ones - all of them snapped at the buckles after a few months :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭coathanger

Got mine in Aldi,cost @8euros,fits over headrests front & back seat, plastic buckles, but it is still fine after a few years use, there are little Velcro strips at the back, that allows the dog seat belts to be used.Well worth the money!

Advertisement