Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Large cash withdrawal.

Options
  • 25-02-2014 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭

I wish to withdraw a large amount of cash from my current account in order to buy a car. Can I just go into a branch to withdraw this money or do I need to make arrangements first?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi DMcL1971,

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on boards.ie.

Your branch will only require 24 hours withdrawal notice on your current account for amounts in excess of E5000. However if it is above E10,000 please allow 48 hours notice.

You can obtain a draft from your branch any day. However, if you require cash please note that our branches do operate cashless days. For this reason we would suggest that you call your branch before you pop in and remember to bring photo ID on the day.

You can find contact details of your branch here.

Best of luck with your new car and if we can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Thank you Elaine.

Advertisement