Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why hasn't this road got a name?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

its a bridge not a road

the road access is called Causeway Road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

OSI maps have it as Causeway Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Thanks both! You live and learn..... (But Gloomtastic Way! sounds better!!) :rolleyes:

ps I've informed Google

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Thanks both! You live and learn..... (But Gloomtastic Way! sounds better!!) :rolleyes:

ps I've informed Google

I hope they update it for you - I've told them several times that 'Dartmouth Walk' is actually 'Grand Parade' - they've updated a very small portion of the road!

https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.33091,-6.256714&spn=0.00124,0.00327&t=m&z=19

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

As kids growing up near there, we always just called it the Causeway.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    As kids growing up near there, we always just called it the Causeway.

well it is after all, a causeway constructed out to the island

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

Riskymove wrote: »
    well it is after all, a causeway constructed out to the island

Which is causing the lagoon to silt up alarmingly fast

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

chopper6 wrote: »
    Which is causing the lagoon to silt up alarmingly fast

sutton creek is nearly drying out now at low tides. was always a strip of water when we were kids. slightly off topic but i noticed from sutton last week that the dunes at the sutton end of dollymount had eroded to sheer cliff like face after the storms a few weeks ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

neris wrote: »
    sutton creek is nearly drying out now at low tides. was always a strip of water when we were kids..

The distance between the mainland and bull island has reduced substantially since i was a kid...the Crab Lake lagoon has gotten much shallower and in the summer the whole lot fills up with green alga that turns into a mess of stinking mud.

The powerwalking clontarf busybodies who dont want an anti-flooding berm built on the promenade will be lucky if they have a sea view between the bridge and the causeway at all in ten years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,310 ✭✭✭markpb

Speedsie wrote: »
    I hope they update it for you - I've told them several times that 'Dartmouth Walk' is actually 'Grand Parade' - they've updated a very small portion of the road!

https://maps.google.com/?ll=53.33091,-6.256714&spn=0.00124,0.00327&t=m&z=19

I've submitted a few corrections and it seems to take an unusual amount of time to get them through, I think between 6 to 12 months seems about average. My first one, and the one that took the longest, was convincing them that the Port Tunnel was neither the N1 nor Grace Park Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Says Causeway Road on Google Maps now

The power of boards:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

markpb wrote: »
    I've submitted a few corrections and it seems to take an unusual amount of time to get them through, I think between 6 to 12 months seems about average.
    enda1 wrote: »
    Says Causeway Road on Google Maps now

;)

Advertisement