Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tree guard mesh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭kay 9

Just curious why ya don't want to use ordinary treated posts and some of that green garden mesh/fence? Would work out alot cheaper than those things ya posted mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

kay 9 wrote: »
    Just curious why ya don't want to use ordinary treated posts and some of that green garden mesh/fence? Would work out alot cheaper than those things ya posted mate.

Trees will form a shelterbelt on my sheep farm. I'll be planting them individually so as not to waste any ground. The net, stapled onto a stake, and cable tied shut to form an O around a 3-4 foot tree should, I hope, keep it safe from sheep, lambs, and hares. To form the O the mesh would have to be rigid but flexible.

What type of mesh do you mean, windbreak stuff or the cordon off type, don't think either of those would do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,121 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Trees will form a shelterbelt on my sheep farm. I'll be planting them individually so as not to waste any ground. The net, stapled onto a stake, and cable tied shut to form an O around a 3-4 foot tree should, I hope, keep it safe from sheep, lambs, and hares. To form the O the mesh would have to be rigid but flexible.

What type of mesh do you mean, windbreak stuff or the cordon off type, don't think either of those would do me.

I reckon yev answered yer own question.

"net, stapled onto a stake, and cable tied shut to form an O around a 3-4 foot tree "

Use chicken wire for the net: Simples

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    I reckon yev answered yer own question.

"net, stapled onto a stake, and cable tied shut to form an O around a 3-4 foot tree "

Use chicken wire for the net: Simples

Horned sheep, chicken wire won't last pissing time, it'll deform and stay deformed and they'll get caught up in it grazing or attempting to browse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Kestrel Forestry Consultants in Wexford are the Irish agents for Tubex products:
    http://www.tubex.com/

They do a big range of tree shelter/protection stuff, including rolls of mesh in various sizes:
    http://www.tubex.com/product-selector.php

• Advertisement

Cheers Rovi, will check them out.

Got sorted on donedeal :)

Advertisement