Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men, triathlon and their wive's permission: Excuse.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Dory Dory wrote: »
    <lights second candle.....>

Its a novena he needs not fecking candles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

AKW wrote: »
    Its a novena he needs not fecking candles :D

He just missed it 2 weeks ago :pac: We'll send him in 2015. He was a regular there back in the day - great craic after school and always loadsa talent there too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭ronanmac

Very interseting serach in your log.............

Originally Posted by catweazle
    Some of us have to work!! However, I will be at TriBugh* *currently outline planning permission is granted, but possible it could be rescinded.

Need I say more:pac:

"Currently outline planning permission is granted..." possibly my favourite line from years of entertaining catweazle logs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭bryangiggsy

You have married a saint if you have full time jobs kids under the age of 7 and can still train 10 times a week imo. Jobs have a lot to do with it as well. If u work long hours in a inflexible job that is going to play a role as well. My wife turned 40 today and im in lanzarote training. She is a saint.

Just thinking about the training a bit more for me i dont think i would get an easy ride if i wasn't doing 4/5 sessions a week at 6am and 2/3 during lunch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Just thinking about the training a bit more for me i dont think i would get an easy ride if i wasn't doing 4/5 sessions a week at 6am and 2/3 during lunch.

I doubt any guy would, particuarly one with kids and especially at weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

When I trained properly my wife never complained, she would go to races with me etc...

However, I felt bad. Every Saturday I was heading out and leaving her alone for 5hrs while I cycled... and then the next day when I was out for 2hrs running. We had to plan trips away around races and training, training and racing dictated both our lives.... it shouldn't.

It is not an issue anymore as I don't train.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

mloc123 wrote: »
    When I trained properly my wife never complained, she would go to races with me etc...

However, I felt bad. Every Saturday I was heading out and leaving her alone for 5hrs while I cycled... and then the next day when I was out for 2hrs running. We had to plan trips away around races and training, training and racing dictated both our lives.... it shouldn't.

It is not an issue anymore as I don't train.

Frankfurt will hurt then

tunney wrote: »
    Frankfurt will hurt then

Aye. It will hurt regardless... it will just hurt for longer I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

mloc123 wrote: »

Qualifying question here...

*gives the pot another stir*

Aren't you recently married? So back when you were dating she put up with it, now, however...... :D

AKW wrote: »
    Qualifying question here...

*gives the pot another stir*

Aren't you recently married? So back when you were dating she put up with it, now, however...... :D

I stopped training long before I was married :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement