Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hate speech? Complaints to the Press Ombudsman

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Ah, for feck sake. I thought that was from one of the national tabloids. Turns out it's the disgrace that once was Limerick's best local paper. The thing isn't worth the paper it's printed on these days. I should be shocked that they'd publish something so brutal, but they've been careering down-hill for the nearly 10 years now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

From what I recall from the relevant legislation, for it to be actionable it would be nearly have to been a direct incitement to harm the targeted group. As in all rights, there is a balance between the right not to be offended and that of the right of free speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

They are opinions, nothing more. Can't see a case there.

Advertisement