Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My vehicle was damaged by broken eircom pole - complaints contact details required

Options
  • 25-02-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My Jeep was hit by a broken eircom pole the day before xmas eve during the storms. Causing a lot of damage, the electric wing mirror wa totally broen, the drivers door was bent and it's scraped all across the drivers side.I haven't been ableget through to ANYONE!!!! in eircom to help with the matter and have been shoved from pillar to post regarding the matter. The Gardai were brought on site when the incident happened and a full report was taken and the broken pole was seen. However conveniently a few days later eircom were out to remove the line.

I need my vehicle fixed and want to speak to someone about it so can i have a direct number for the relevant department. Don't bother giving me 1901

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭babydoc

try phoning 1800200481 or 017015609.
    quicker and more direct than 1901.
    or try ccm@eircom.ie

But you will get no where to be honest.

best bet is contact your solicitor.

because eircom will never admit liability without action

• Registered Users Posts: 8,436 ✭✭✭cml387

The pole was knocked down by the wind? How is this Eircom's fault?

cml387 wrote: »
    The pole was knocked down by the wind? How is this Eircom's fault?

Do you know the condition of the pole?
    Was it in anyways damaged b4hand?
    Did every eircom pole fall during the storms!!!
    Maybe it was what is called AN ACT OF GOD,
    but
    the gent requested help
    i gave it
    whats your problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kyles09

Thanks Babydoc i'll give those a try today.
    The pole was broken for the guts of a year, i have plenty of photos taken the morning after the incident.
    There was a chunk of the top of the pole (about 2 ft long) with the wire attached to the top of it took flight in the storm and swung at the jeep side on, damaging the whole drivers side in the proces if it had gone through the window i'd probably have been killed (where it bent the door was by the pillar, nearly level with where your head is. the glass didn't break thankfully.

somebody up there was looking sfter you that day.

make sure and get advice.

good luck with the phonecalls today

• Advertisement

somebody up there was looking sfter you that day.

make sure and get advice.

good luck with the phonecalls today

4get about ambulance chasing advert

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Kyles09 wrote: »
    Thanks Babydoc i'll give those a try today.
    The pole was broken for the guts of a year, i have plenty of photos taken the morning after the incident.
    There was a chunk of the top of the pole (about 2 ft long) with the wire attached to the top of it took flight in the storm and swung at the jeep side on, damaging the whole drivers side in the proces if it had gone through the window i'd probably have been killed (where it bent the door was by the pillar, nearly level with where your head is. the glass didn't break thankfully.
    Hi kyles09
    I have to admit that I do not know where you or we stand on this issue but if you send me the details and photos we will chase this for you. Glad no one was hurt in that.
    Tony

Advertisement