Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Schoolhouse

Options
  • 25-02-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi All
    Anyone been to the schoolhouse for breakfast? Any good?
    Or even better establishments close by?

Its for a midweek breakfast, not greasy spoons...

Thanks!!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭chopper6

sallymomo wrote: »
    Hi All
    Anyone been to the schoolhouse for breakfast? Any good?
    Or even better establishments close by?

Its for a midweek breakfast, not greasy spoons...

Thanks!!

Was there once and i thought it was overpriced and not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

I had a woeful breakfast there one weekend, couldn't believe they could serve up something so bad and actually expect me to pay for it. It was one of those occasions where you wondered if someone had given the chef the day off.

However it is a hotel so the breakfast should be decent, perhaps I was just unlucky.

Cafe Jago is nice and is just off the canal.
    Also Foodgame on South Lotts Road.

There are a few more options a five minute walk away at Grand Canal Dock (Herbstreet, KC Peaches, BB's and Il Valentino)

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭sallymomo

Cheers Chopper & Twenty!
    I will have a look at the suggestions and choose from them, appreciate the posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Angel Park Eatery on Mount Street, just beside where Howl at the Moon is or whatever is called these days, does some pretty excellent food.

Advertisement