Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a jailbreak for iphone!!

Options
  • 25-02-2014 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Between rent & esb & gas bills & just living life I've fallen behind on my Vodafone payments, so my phone's been cut off. They never even gave me a warning, i'm so angry.
    Would rather get a jailbreak done for my phone at this stage than give those <SNIP> a penny.
    Is there anywhere in town that will do a jailbreak for iphone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

There is a place across from the Grill that i think does phone unlocks, think they do jailbreaks too but its a while since i walked past them.

If you are in anyway technical minded you could try it yourself. There is a discussion thread in the apple forum that will have useful info. Its really not that scary anymore and fairly foolproof.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Sara_Howard

thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭crazyderk

So I think you might be confused over what a jailbreak actually does vs what has happened to your phone.

Let me just go through a couple of things and tell me which option you are in

sim card is barred but phone is not blacklisted

They have put a block on your sim but not on the phone and you could jsut get another vodafone sim and put it in the phone and the phone will work although you will have a different number

This is most likely what they have done

sim card is barred and phone is barred

if you put another vodafone sim in the phone and it doesnt work then they have barred the phone too

I would be surprised if this was done, if they have done this a jailbreak will not get the phone working again a jailbreak just allows you to install non approved apple software on the phone, it will not unblacklist the phone or allow you to put an o2 sim into the phone, although in previous versions of jailbreaks there were additional hacks you could add to the phone to unlock it to allow you to put another sim in it these have been closed off.

I don't understand technology

So how do all the stolen iphones all around the world function if there's a magic way to stop them working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Between rent & esb & gas bills & just living life I've fallen behind on my Vodafone payments, so my phone's been cut off.
    Something to keep in mind; if Vodafone has blacklisted your phone, jailbreaking will not do much - your phone still won't be able to make calls even with another sim in it.

So how do all the stolen iphones all around the world function if there's a magic way to stop them working?
    Stolen Friday, sold Saturday, person reports it stolen on Monday, phone gets blocked on Tuesday, and the new owner often cannot get in contact with the person who sold them the cheap phone.

Time to get a samsung off O2 so haha

What does any man think about this?
    Link removed

MOD
    not sure of the whole legality of changing imei numbers, plus those ads reek of dodgyness.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

crazyderk wrote: »
    So I think you might be confused over what a jailbreak actually does s what has happened to your phone.

Let me just go through a couple of things and tell me which option you are in

sim card is barred but phone is not blacklisted

They have put a block on your sim but not on the phone and you could jsut get another vodafone sim and put it in the phone and the phone will work although you will have a different number

This is most likely what they have done

sim card is barred and phone is barred

if you put another vodafone sim in the phone and it doesnt work then they have barred the phone too

I would be surprised if this was done, if they have done this a jailbreak will not get the phone working again a jailbreak just allows you to install non approved apple software on the phone, it will not unblacklist the phone or allow you to put an o2 sim into the phone, although in previous versions of jailbreaks there were additional hacks you could add to the phone to unlock it to allow you to put another sim in it these have been closed off.

agree with all you said bar unable to put another sim card in (unless I picked you up wrong) you can switch networks with a jailbreak but not if your imei is blocked so if the vodafone sim works then it can work.

However if the imei is blocked then you are outta luck and would be best talking to vodafone and see if they can do something about your bill.

Talk To Vodafone forum

• Advertisement

agree with all you said bar unable to put another sim card in (unless I picked you up wrong) you can switch networks with a jailbreak but not if your imei is blocked so if the vodafone sim works then it can work.

Talk To Vodafone forum

If the phone is locked to vodafone then an o2 sim will not work in it even if its a jaibreak, a jailbreak does not auomatically unlock the phone. if its unlocked and not blacklisted then get any sim you want

the_syco wrote: »
    Stolen Friday, sold Saturday, person reports it stolen on Monday, phone gets blocked on Tuesday, and the new owner often cannot get in contact with the person who sold them the cheap phone.

That or else sell it outside of the country, if a phone is blacklisted in Ireland it will work outside of Ireland and vice versa

crazyderk wrote: »
    That or else sell it outside of the country, if a phone is blacklisted in Ireland it will work outside of Ireland and vice versa
    Working less and less, as the blacklist is being being shared between countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Guys I hate to rain on the parade here but here is the relevant part of the OP's query.......
    Is there anywhere in town that will do a jailbreak for iphone?

Im sure there's a forum for discussing all issues regarding jail breaking etc but for now can we stick with whats required i.e. where can the OP get this done.

Thanks.

From Google;

Alphatronic can unlock your phone. This may be worth your while more, as if you only jailbreak it, it'll become locked again if you update your iPhone in the future.

Letterkenny
    Tel: 074 91 13445
    Alphatronic, 38 Port Road, Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
    Open: Mon - Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm, Sat 9.30am - 2pm

Ballybofey
    Tel: 074 91 13445
    Alphatronic, Main Street, Ballybofey, Co. Donegal
    Open: Mon - Fri 9.30am - 5.30pm, Sat 9.30am - 2pm

=-=

Dr.MiPhone iDevice Repairs
    LK Online Internet Cafe, Station Roundabout
    Letterkenny, Co. Donegal, Ireland

Tel. 087 256 2550

but not sure if they're still around?

muffler wrote: »
    Guys I hate to rain on the parade here but here is the relevant part of the OP's query.......

Im sure there's a forum for discussing all issues regarding jail breaking etc but for now can we stick with whats required i.e. where can the OP get this done.

Thanks.

Understandable, I just didn't want the OP to pay for a jailbreak thinking it would get the phone working when in it might not :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭caustic 1

Hmm can pay for jailbreak but not phone bill.:confused:

I'm double hard me

Advertisement