Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

leasing a unit

Options
  • 25-02-2014 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

I’m looking for some advice.
    My business is on a ground floor and the lease is due up at the end of September but I’m looking for a bigger unit.
    There are bigger units locally that I would be interested in but they are first floor and classified as offices. I wouldn't have a problem moving from ground floor to a first floor unit as my business is established and you wouldn't go “window shopping” for my products
    I would like to turn it (“the office”) into a showroom where my customers come to see and purchase my products and service.There wouldn't be much work involved.
    Is it a case that I can lease the unit and say nothing or do I actually need a change of use?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I think best to stick to the book. I think in some cases Offices on ground level with street level windows can be changed to retail use quite easily. I definitely wouldn't go for it and say nothing getting caught out is probably going to suck!!

Advertisement