Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of America credit card bill payment

Options
  • 25-02-2014 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently living in Ireland and have a Bank of America credit card. I'm trying to find any information on how I can pay the credit card bill from Ireland.

I closed my checking account when I left states last year due to unwanted fees and now can't find any information on how to pay the bill for the card while being abroad.

I'm going back in September, but would like to use the card meanwhile. Is there any way to transfer the money to the card? Please advise. I'm lost :(

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I have no idea what a chequing account is but maybe cancel the America credit card then get a Visa Debit over here from maybe AIB or that? You can use that Visa Debit card world wide.

As for paying your outstanding balance... Hmm... Maybe if you've relations over there get them to pay and you could maybe ring up and explain your situation?

Hope that helps a little.
    Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Should be able to add their bank details manually as a payee using the card number (normally) as the reference. Then doing transfers I've done it a few times to an American card before.

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Vuzuggu wrote: »
    Should be able to add their bank details manually as a payee using the card number (normally) as the reference. Then doing transfers I've done it a few times to an American card before.

Do you not get stung for the international transfer fee for this? ($25 iirc)

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Yuugib

Vuzuggu wrote: »

Hi, can I ask what bank were you using? I've checked with AIB and in payee section they ask for BIC and IBAN, which I don't think I have for the card account.

There is no outstanding balance on the card, but I would like to be able to use it here. Just afraid of damaging the credit rating in case I use it, but won't be able to pay back.

Many thanks for the replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,224 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Yuugib wrote: »
    Hi, can I ask what bank were you using? I've checked with AIB and in payee section they ask for BIC and IBAN, which I don't think I have for the card account.

There is no outstanding balance on the card, but I would like to be able to use it here. Just afraid of damaging the credit rating in case I use it, but won't be able to pay back.

Many thanks for the replies!

BoA credit cards can't be paid easy if you don't have an account with a US bank because BoA only allows payment via methods that do ACH from your account to the card.

You can call BoA and ask them for their routing information as you would like to pay your card via FedWire. They will give you an account and ABA number which you than need to use to pay them.

However that will cause massive fee's both by your Irish bank and BoA.

A way around that is for example to use transferwise because that is an ACH transfer so it's free from BoA side.

• Advertisement
Advertisement