If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

47"-50" TV, 5.1 Speakers, AV Receiver and Blue Ray Player.

Options
  • 25-02-2014 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭

Hi Looking for a boardsie and old customer price on the above.

Got most of my old system of you back in the day when you were in Dublin. Had a Marantz sr4200 and a Maranntz dv4200 DVD player paired with Misson M73s floorstanders, 7Ds's rears and a M7c centre. The receiver and Mission front speakers are still going strong or at least they were before they went in the attic when I could no longer leave them set up the way I wanted with kids around. I could if I set up the room the way I wanted to but the wife has a funny idea the sitting room is not just for watching movies so I'm banished to a 138cm alcove between the chimney and and the wall. Unfortunately the DVD player died years ago (thankfully they became a lot cheaper that was €400:eek: ) and the rears got killed around 5 years ago in a house move.

I had your supersaver guarantee on them which back then had 50% buyback on new equipment if I remember correctly which I never got to avail of after you upped sticks out of Dublin.

I had intended on just getting new smaller speakers for a long time and use my existing amp but at this stage I'll get better value just replacing the lot.

My shortlist is TV's
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl47et60b/pana-txl47et60b
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp50st60b/pana-txp50st60b

Leaning to the 47" €869.99 with free delivery in another thread here. The 50" is probably a bit of a tight fit with the speakers. Though if it's a better TV I'll squeeze it in. Is there any other TV you'd recommend in this price range. They'll be a lot better than my 6 year old 32" Sony (scary to think how much I payed for that) which still though has a better picture than a lot of the new budget Tv's I've looked at.

And probably this amp and speaker package.
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011420

I prefer the look of the wharfedales and they are a bit more wife friendly and cheaper but if you recommend the Tannoy HTS101 over them I would probably go with them. Which would be better for stereo music?

Another speaker option I like are the Q7000 that are £399 your site lists as store only but it may be pushing the budget a bit.

I have been trying to figure out if I'm better going with a 2.1 or 3.1 set up as my positioning for rear's is less than ideal but it is hard to look past the value of the full 5.1 speaker package offers( and I may some day be able to rearrange the sitting (cinema) room the way I want). Though if you had some value monitor audio radius still knocking about under budget I may be tempted to stick with a 3.1 or less set up. I'm still trying to figure out where I'll hide the sub.

Edit I've been looking some more on your site this sony receiver is just £25 more than the yamaha 375.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdn840/sony-strdn840
    How would you rate it? Seem to get a good bit more for your money. Built in Wifi is a big plus it's a bit more powerful. Can run 7.2 or I could bi amp some bigger speakers in future if I have the room. Does the yamaha sound better though?

Blueray player I'll leave to your recommendation but it needs to be multiregion for DVD's and decent with CD's would be a plus.

I also need a HDMI cable if the player doesn't come with one, around 20 meters of speaker cable and a cable for the sub.

So what's your advice and best price on the above for a boardsie and someone who never got a chance to avail of his 50% buyback? Just to add I live in Westmeath.

I'll hopefully be able to come back at later date to get a cd player and amp from you to resurrect my Mission floorstanders.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ryath, thanks for the post and glad your other hardware has provided a good few years of service until a few accidents !

The 50ST60 is stunning and well worth the difference and to be honest would be the best TV that we have within that price range. The picture is very smooth, natural and seriously good value for money. It's our best selling 50" at the moment.

http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/panasonic-tc-p50st60/4505-6482_7-35566949.html

That particular speaker / receiver package is a mega deal also.

The Yamaha RXV375 is a brilliant receiver and one that sounds great and works really well with the Wharfedale package and with the bundle deal on this, makes this a real contender for our best system under £500. The Wharfdales are very good for music although the Tannoy would be better for music but I would agree that the wife friendly factor has to be taken into consideration. The Wharfedales are a much nicer speaker on the eye and the difference in performance is not huge. I would stick with the combo as they work really well together.

The Q7000 (older package) is finished now and not one that we can get in unfortunately. If you were looking at better speakers and at the moment had a subwoofer you could use, or go without then the Monitor Audio Mass speakers, which are sold as a 5.0 package are priced at £399.95. 

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-mass

We could do these with the Yamaha at £569.90 and these are amazing and wife friendly too. If you wanted a 3.1 system then the fronts, centre and decent sub (cambridge S90) subwoofer with the same receiver would work out at £519.80

I suppose the question of 5.1 over 3.1 would depend on the position of the rears. I would always suggest 5.1 over 3.1 but if the rears have to go into a poor position or have to be located behind other things then the performance may not be beneficial. With the Monitor Audio mass system, you can buy another pair down the road (£99.95).

I would stick with the Yamaha over the Sony as the added features are the draw but the performance of the Yamaha wins out for me.

There are very few multiregion players around at the moment.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps1200-mr/sony-bdps1200-mr

This would be the best value.

Let me know what you think of the speakers and I'll quote you for an overall price including the cabling etc.

ATB

Dave

Ryath wrote: »
    Hi Looking for a boardsie and old customer price on the above.

Got most of my old system of you back in the day when you were in Dublin. Had a Marantz sr4200 and a Maranntz dv4200 DVD player paired with Misson M73s floorstanders, 7Ds's rears and a M7c centre. The receiver and Mission front speakers are still going strong or at least they were before they went in the attic when I could no longer leave them set up the way I wanted with kids around. I could if I set up the room the way I wanted to but the wife has a funny idea the sitting room is not just for watching movies so I'm banished to a 138cm alcove between the chimney and and the wall. Unfortunately the DVD player died years ago (thankfully they became a lot cheaper that was €400:eek: ) and the rears got killed around 5 years ago in a house move.

I had your supersaver guarantee on them which back then had 50% buyback on new equipment if I remember correctly which I never got to avail of after you upped sticks out of Dublin.

I had intended on just getting new smaller speakers for a long time and use my existing amp but at this stage I'll get better value just replacing the lot.

My shortlist is TV's
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl47et60b/pana-txl47et60b
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txp50st60b/pana-txp50st60b

Leaning to the 47" €869.99 with free delivery in another thread here. The 50" is probably a bit of a tight fit with the speakers. Though if it's a better TV I'll squeeze it in. Is there any other TV you'd recommend in this price range. They'll be a lot better than my 6 year old 32" Sony (scary to think how much I payed for that) which still though has a better picture than a lot of the new budget Tv's I've looked at.

And probably this amp and speaker package.
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011420

I prefer the look of the wharfedales and they are a bit more wife friendly and cheaper but if you recommend the Tannoy HTS101 over them I would probably go with them. Which would be better for stereo music?

Another speaker option I like are the Q7000 that are £399 your site lists as store only but it may be pushing the budget a bit.

I have been trying to figure out if I'm better going with a 2.1 or 3.1 set up as my positioning for rear's is less than ideal but it is hard to look past the value of the full 5.1 speaker package offers( and I may some day be able to rearrange the sitting (cinema) room the way I want). Though if you had some value monitor audio radius still knocking about under budget I may be tempted to stick with a 3.1 or less set up. I'm still trying to figure out where I'll hide the sub.

Edit I've been looking some more on your site this sony receiver is just £25 more than the yamaha 375.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/sony/strdn840/sony-strdn840
    How would you rate it? Seem to get a good bit more for your money. Built in Wifi is a big plus it's a bit more powerful. Can run 7.2 or I could bi amp some bigger speakers in future if I have the room.  Does the yamaha sound better though?

Blueray player I'll leave to your recommendation but it needs to be multiregion for DVD's and decent with CD's would be a plus.

I also need a HDMI cable if the player doesn't come with one, around 20 meters of speaker cable and a cable for the sub.

So what's your advice and best price on the above for a boardsie and someone who never got a chance to avail of his 50% buyback? Just to add I live in Westmeath.

I'll hopefully be able to come back at later date to get a cd player and amp from you to resurrect my Mission floorstanders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

Hi thanks for the info.
    Twice I've had long reply typed and then forgot myself a clicked a link and lost my reply so this one will be short.

I'll go with the 50ST60 seems to best bang for buck around. DX1 suit my needs best I think and I'll go with the Yamaha375 over the sony sound is more important than gadgets.

Edit Just reading reviews of 375 not mad about the spring clips and they say it's not best for stereo any better alternatives

For the blueray I can do with out multiregion if it gets me a better player. This looks better though
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps4100mr/sony-bdps4100-mr
    or for a bit more
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/sony/bdps790-mr/sony-bdps790-mr
    Is it worth the extra or any others you'd recommend over the sony without multiregion?

Can you give me price then on the 50ST60, Wharfedale DX1s, Yamaha Rxv375, Sony BDPS4100MR and cables 1 mtr HDMI , 20m speaker and sub woofer cable. I guess this one.
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/hi-fi-interconnects/cambridge-audio/aud500-7.5m/camb-aud500-7.5m

Edit forgot to ask do I need an optical cable for the TV to amp sound or does the HDMI return sound to the amp aswell?
    Just seen it as ARC over HDMI

Could I get a price as well maybe for any worthwhile upgrades on the amp or blueray if wasn't much more expensive

Thanks

Thanks for the reply and I reckon your decisions are the way to go.

Unfortunately both the 790 and the 4100, are both finished but we do have a last 4100 which is a region 2 model.

If you wanted to go for the last display one, we could bring the entire system down to £1470. This would include TV, speakers, 375 receiver, BDPS4100 blu ray, 20m of Cambridge Symphony 200, 2 x QED Eflex cables (1 from blu ray to amp and 1 from amp to TV), the 7.5m subwoofer cable and delivery.

Alternatively if you wanted to go for a better receiver then the Denon AVRX2000 which is priced at £299.95 is a cracker and when included in this bundle would work out at £1550.

If you wanted a cracking non multi region blu ray then the Panasonic DMPBDT230 would be £1500 with the first option or £1580 with the second system.

I personally would go for the Denon receiver with the Wharfedale as it's a much better match and will get more from the speakers and that 230 Pana is amazing for that money. That system would be £1580 delivered and would be excellent in all departments. The Pana player works well with the Pana TV as well as the one remote can control both.

Let me know what you make of this.

ATB

Dave

Ok I go with the pani Blueray it is much handier having the same remote

So
    Panasonic 50ST60 £799
    Panasonic DMPBDT230 £99
    CA AUD500 Sub cable £30
    QED Eflex HDMI £25 I just need one
    Symphony 200 Speaker Cable £30
    Wharfedale DX1 5.1 and Denon AVRX2000 £550
    Which comes to £1533

The DX1 you don't have in a bundle with the Denon but they are £30 cheaper than with the Tannoy HTS in most bundles so £30 less than this one?
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011462

One last opinion on amp's this one looks good reviews when it was twice the price seem to suggest it's pretty close to the Denon and it's a useful £50 cheaper?
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx923/pion-vsx923

How many pairs of 3D glasses are included? Your spec says one but I've seen elsewhere that the TV come's with two

I know your margins are tight with the bundles but what's the best you can do delivered I'm stretching here I had been hoping to keep the spend below 1500 euro. (Should have had a €200 trade in on my Marantz DVD player :o) Don't make me compromise with the 47" Pani ;)

Just to add I know the TV has a 5 year warranty how much would adding the supercare to the rest cost?

Hi Ryath, cheers for the reply.

You are right about the margins as the bundle would normally be £629.95 so at £550, this is quite a saving. 

I would not recommend the Pioneer receiver with those speakers as the Pioneer is quite a bright sounding receiver and combined with these speakers, would not be as easy or as enjoyable as the Denon with the Wharfedale combination.

The best that I could so on this lot would be £1508 if collected from the store or £1542 including delivery.

I know this isn't a huge reduction but the pricing that we work on is tight and this makes us the cheapest around. We do offer a pricebeat so let us know if you can get the same system for less and we'll beat it.

Supercare is priced at 10%.

£9.99 on the blu ray
    £27 on the receiver
    £27 on the speaker package

Total including 5 year on everything...call it £1600 delivered.

Let me know what you reckon.

ATB

Dave

Ok I go with the pani Blueray it is much handier having the same remote

So
    Panasonic 50ST60 £799
    Panasonic DMPBDT230 £99
    CA AUD500 Sub cable £30
    QED Eflex HDMI £25 I just need one
    Symphony 200 Speaker Cable £30
    Wharfedale DX1 5.1 and Denon AVRX2000 £550
    Which comes to £1533

The DX1 you don't have in a bundle with the Denon but they are £30 cheaper than with the Tannoy HTS in most bundles so £30 less than this one?
    http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/home-cinema-separates-bundle-deals/pah011462

One last opinion on amp's this one looks good reviews when it was twice the price seem to suggest it's pretty close to the Denon and it's a useful £50 cheaper?
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-receivers/pioneer/vsx923/pion-vsx923

How many pairs of 3D glasses are included? Your spec says one but I've seen elsewhere that the TV come's with two

I know your margins are tight with the bundles but what's the best you can do delivered I'm stretching here I had been hoping to keep the spend below 1500 euro. (Should have had a €200 trade in on my Marantz DVD player :o) Don't make me compromise with the 47" Pani ;)

Just to add I know the TV has a 5 year warranty how much would adding the supercare to the rest cost?

• Advertisement

Thanks for the quote it's a bit more than I was planning on spending so I need to mull it over. I may have to drop down to the 42ST60 or get the 47 one I was originally considering or compromise on the amp.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks for the quote it's a bit more than I was planning on spending so I need to mull it over. I may have to drop down to the 42ST60 or get the 47 one I was originally considering or compromise on the amp.
    Hi Ryath,

Unfortunately the 42" version of the ST60 is now completely finished :(  All we have left is our ex display unit.

We've plenty of other TVs we can offer if the budget needs to come down a bit :)

Chris

Hi feck it no point compromising for the sake of saving €100 odd when I'm spending this much. I'll go for the option for for £1542. What's the best way to give you my cc details and address?

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi feck it no point compromising for the sake of saving €100 odd when I'm spending this much. I'll go for the option for for £1542. What's the best way to give you my cc details and address?
    Hi Ryath,

You wont be disappointed with that system :)

If you'd like to PM me your contact details I'll get one of the guys to give you a bell for payment and delivery details.

Chris

Hi Did you get my PM? I'll try and give a call at lunch time.

• Advertisement

Just realized you never said said if the TV had two pairs of 3d glasses? Your specs say one but I think most other sites and reviews say it come's with two.

Hi Ryath. 

Just tried you there but got your voicemail.

That particular TV does only come with 1 pair in the box as this is what Panasonic supply.

I've done a bit of looking around to see if anyone else has the same TV at the same price with 2 pairs and I can't see anyone selling it with 2 pairs. To be fair though, I probably haven't done as much digging as you have !:)

I've a call to to our rep to see if blag you a pair and am just waiting a call back.

Talk to you soon.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave
    Did you get the PM with my updated address? It went through ok with the bank?

All O.K.

Courier collecting tomorrow.

I have sent you a PM.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave
    Thanks for all the advice. Did you manage to get a DPD tracking number yet for the receiver?

Hi Ryath.

Not just as yet.

The collection has been made from the depot but until the depot in the UK scan it out to Ireland, it won't generate a tracking number.

I'll have it in the morning.

ATB

Dave

Hi Dave
    Any sign of the tracking number?

Just saying thanks for everything and to compliment you on your service. Very good to deal with everything delivered yesterday bar one minor oversight of the sub lead that's now in the post.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.