Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Part IV - Any equivalent in Ireland?

Options
  • 25-02-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have been interested in the part iv for a while now as I do a bit of diving with work. The last thing I would want is to do the course and then have the HSA here in Ireland not recognise it when they (eventually) write their own requirements.

So, does anyone know where this is at in Ireland? Surely someone is on the case somewhere? I was talking to waterworld in kerry who told me that they have been chasing FAS to run training for ages but to no avail.

Cheers,
    Aaron

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Eo1n8wrd

what do you want to do it for, fishfarms, photography or just to have it?
    You might be as well off to head over to Dunoon in Scotland and do it there, They might even give you a shot in the hard hats in the training center.
    All those tickets are recognised here so don't worry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 R_B_D

I don't know about an irish version but if you want to do the part iv then I know that DV Diving in the north run courses.
    http://www.dvdiving.co.uk/training-courses/hse-scuba-training

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭aaronosiochain

Ya I am aware of DV Diving. Seem like a good crowd up there. I'm more interested if this course will ever make it to Ireland. I wrote to Ciaran Cannon and he put me in touch with Kerry ETB who are in the final stages of approving a commercial course. Hopefully we will see something happen this year..but I wouldnt hold my breath (excuse the pun).

Advertisement