Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mistake on learner permit

• 25-02-2014 6:09pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11

Hello, I'm new here, I'm 21 and I just got my learner permit for the bike, I have a yamaha dragstar 125 and yamaha dragstar 250, just bought the 250 yesterday, the 125 was too slow haha

Anyway the NDLS put these categories on my licence: AM, A1, A2 and A, I'm not supposed to be able to get the A licence and I think they put it on there by mistake.. What happened was when I was applying at first I just picked AM by mistake and I went in and asked if they could change it to A2 and she just put them all on for me..

So does this mean I can drive any size bike?? :) I never had the bike permit before this month..

1620416_573903736039519_884554442_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

No, you are still bound by the laws surrounding the licencing.

Just go to NDLS and ask them to redo it, and no matter what, don't pay. They screwed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

It is up to YOU to have the correct licence for the bike you ride. If you do not have the correct license your insurance will use it as a loop hole to get out of paying you. Its not worth the hassle get it corrected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

If its your 1st learner permit at age 21, you should have got AM, A1 and A2.
    You then have to do IBT training before you go out on public roads.

The mistake will be found by the rsa when they get around to checking things. I know of 1 lad age 20 who got the same as yourself, and afterwards the rsa contacted him about it.

Its the fault of the ndls.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 shaners343

If its your 1st learner permit at age 21, you should have got AM, A1 and A2.
    You then have to do IBT training before you go out on public roads.

The mistake will be found by the rsa when they get around to checking things. I know of 1 lad age 20 who got the same as yourself, and afterwards the rsa contacted him about it.

Its the fault of the ndls.

Ah right I was wondering.. And you have to do the IBT before you go on the roads? I thought you just do that before you go for the full licence? whoops..

Thats the way it is with 4 wheeled yokes.

To ride on 2 wheels, you need training (IBT) BEFORE you ride on public roads.
    IBT also helps to keep you alive on yer bike, because you would have more awareness of dangers, and you would learn how to ride a bike better.

• Advertisement

Thats the way it is with 4 wheeled yokes.

To ride on 2 wheels, you need training (IBT) BEFORE you ride on public roads.
    IBT also helps to keep you alive on yer bike, because you would have more awareness of dangers, and you would learn how to ride a bike better.

Ok cool, can you get in much trouble for drivin on the roads with out it? and its so expensive isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

shaners343 wrote: »
    Ok cool, can you get in much trouble for drivin on the roads with out it? and its so expensive isn't it?

You don't hold a valid licence if you don't have IBT done. If you had an accident your insurance company could probably tell you that you weren't covered.

shaners343 wrote: »

It may sound expensive, BUT it will save you money on(Not having to) fixing crashed bike or getting broken bones fixed.
    1 slow moving crash would cost you more than ibt cost.

It may sound expensive, BUT it will save you money on(Not having to) fixing crashed bike or getting broken bones fixed.
    1 slow moving crash would cost you more than ibt cost.

I will get on that right away so, and for now I put up both of my bikes on adverts for sale, just seen a deadly yamaha dragstar 650 that I want haha and its only 30kW so the A2 will cover it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

You can't drive until you have your IBT done, no IBT no insurance.
    Good luck with the new bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement