Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tell me about your good Donegal car dealers

Options
  • 25-02-2014 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭

Hoping to change the car soon, and would like to buy relatively locally if possible.

Could you recommend any dealers you have buy from in recent years that you were happy with and would recommend?

I have a car to trade in, but may try to sell that privately first. I would probably be looking to buy a medium sized car from either a VW, Toyota, Ford or similar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

From experience you're better off trying to sell the car you have privately, that way it'll mean you get more cash for the current car and a better cash price for the new car.

Give Dominic Robb in Newtown a shout, PM me if you want a number.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mick.mcginley

RS AUTOS in falcarragh is good to deal with. Very good after service.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,384 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

bought a secondhand skoda last year from dmg in donegal town ,now i was overpriced or at least i thought so until i sa the amount of work they did (timing belts discs etc etc, which every car i looked at privately i would have to have done (in most of cases) and they sorted a couple of other things as well.

communictation could be better but certainly more helpful than other dealers i went into.

but as i said they dont really do bargains either

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Shane Connolly in Ballybofey has some very nice cars in stock and if he doesn't have what you want he'll get it. I havent dealt with him personally but 3 people i work with have bought cars from him in the last 18 months and have had nothing but praise for him and the cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,624 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

His cars do look the part, but lot of them have very high mileage. Plus most are Audi's and BMWs, maybe out of my price range for the year I'm after (2012).

• Advertisement
Advertisement