Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

365online login problems

Options
  • 25-02-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭

I have been using 365online for years and have always had the same user ID etc. Recently however I cannot login using Chrome. The page just keeps looping back to the original page. I have no problems accessing my account using my phone or Internet Explorer. Any ideas why I am having problems with Chrome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

+1

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi jos28,

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear you've been experiencing difficulties logging on. From customer feedback we have found that clearing browsing history and refreshing the browser can help with this. If you need assistance with this, please call BOI365 on 0818 365 365 and a representative will be more than happy to talk you through these steps.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Thanks Tara but I've tried that and it didn't make any difference

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi joe28,

Thanks for you post.

We're sorry this hasn't worked for you. Can we ask you to call Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 while you have access to your computer. A representative can then investigate this further for you and raise it further for you if necessary.

Once again apologise for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
    Elaine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Cheers Elaine, I'll give them a call tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭northwestramble

Looks like 365 is down again. It seems that over the last week, the system is running very slow or just simply timing out. 
    I see from other posts that the team here were looking into with the Tech guys, any news on what is going on and when it will be resolved?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Yep getting the same thing - could not login in yesterday as it would just time out and the exact same thing today...shoddy, very shoddy, they start charging you for everything you have to do then don't provide a decent reliable service.

What is sad as well, is you cannot get any stats on uptime in relation to their online service so you cannot compare one bank with another to see which offers the best service. In an age when you have to bank online for most things now, this should be available to customers to help them make a decision on which bank to use. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi all,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are delighted to advise customers who experienced slow response times on 365Online this morning, that the system is now operating as expected.

Thank you for your patience and we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.
    Laura 

Hi Laura
    Thanks for letting us know. Any chance the lovely IT people in BOI, would tell you the reason why it has been so slow all week, with the system up and down a lot? Was it just due to sheer volume, new feature roll out, someone turned off a server :) 

Also, can they confirm the issue is fully resolved or can we expect there to be problems over the coming week ? 

I am going to guess, the answer will be, BOI does not give out information on system problems :) 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Kept getting automatically logged out all through today and had to keep logging back in. Got a bit of a fright to be honest. Hopefully it is really resolved...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

Its not just people using chrome, this has been going on for some time,

It would happen quite a bit before too, Id put in my Login ID and requested details and it would decline, reverting back to the login page, usually on the second attempt, it would work.
    Which concerns me, as at that stage I feel like closing the tab out and starting again incase its some spyware or something, getting me to input my details a second time to get the full details?
    Anythings possible, and Im not an IT person.

So same again today,as if Id entered the incorrect details, but recently, I noticed its increased, same thing a month or so ago. Use my login Id and requested details and 3 digits from code, wouldnt make it past the first page.
    Been thinking of starting a thread on it, just to see how many people are affected, Id already rang BOI today and a month ago. Not informed of this last month but today, was told there is an issue and the systems are down, running slow.

SO BOI, whats the deal with my account only logging in after the second attempt and on a regular basis, seems like that might be a security concern, as far as I recal, its mostly the exact same details requested the second time.

And whats the answer to this? other than thanks for being patient and its all grand now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi Northwestramble[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Regrettably, we will not have this detailed information available from our Support Team. Please be assured, our Support Team will always raise any difficulties with 365 Online as high priority and monitor the service continually.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi cerastes[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thank you for your post.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We are sorry to hear you are having difficulties accessing your account online. The cause of this could be relating to a number of reasons for example, Pin details, browser or device settings etc. We would suggest contacting Bank of Ireland 365 at your earliest convenience while you have access to your PC. A representative can go through this in more detail with you and also help with checking your computer settings on your PC to allow you to access your online banking with ease.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Our representatives are available Monday-Friday 8am -12 midnight, Saturday, Sunday & Bank Holidays 9am -6pm.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Alison[/font]

Hi Alison
    I  acknowledge the great work the team does here and always great to get back to customers. It just appears the BOI itself has a policy of not telling customers what actually is wrong. 
    For example, this week, I guess the team here on Boards were told by BOI tech team, everything was working, and that is what the team reported back, however it turns out that was not actually correctly. 365 is having problems all week, with it timing out, and hanging on a screen when you input numbers from your code. Now for a banking website, I think you would agree, this would worry people, some might thing they have a virus, or are on wrong website. 

I think it is very important that BOI would explain to customers what happened, and reassure us it is fully fixed. To do this, would simply be to say what the problem was and what was corrected. Then all customers can be assured it is working. For example, BOI rolled out an update yesterday, that sadly caused the login screen it timeout, this is now corrected and 365 online is now corrected and full service has now been resumed. We apologies to our customers for this oversight.

Here, we know that BOI found the problem, what was causing it and that it was fixed via an update, nice and easy :-)

I understand that the team here is not in a position to change BOI policy, but you might pass back the feedback that the policy of not giving out helpful information and simple "everything is ok" messages is at least for me, showing that the bank does not value my business and in a way, talking down to me. That might not be its aim, but that is how it feels. 

A little small thing. if you browse to https://www.bankofireland.ie you get an invalid certificate message, the tech team should have a quick look at that, it looks a little unprofessional for a leading bank to have such a simple error message like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

A little small thing. if you browse to https://ww.bankofireland.ie you get an invalid certificate message, the tech team should have a quick look at that, it looks a little unprofessional for a leading bank to have such a simple error message like that.

They were told about the certificate problem months ago and we are still waiting...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi northwestramble,

As always, your feedback has been passed on and thank you for taking the time to provide us with this.

We answered a similar post previously, about boi.ie, our answer can be viewed here. I'm not a techi by any means, www.bankofireland.ie should redirect you to our .com site (the link in your post is missing a w). Let us know if you continue to have problems accessing any of our websites. 

Hi tow,

At the time you raised the error message you were receiving, when using www.boi.ie, we did go back to you with an explanation. Please see here for the response.

Thanks
    Tara

Hi Tara,

Can you send this picture to the relevant managers and ask them what sort of impression they think it gives their customers?

296415.jpg

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Hi Tow,

We passed this on when you first raised your concern in November. The following is the response we were provided with and posted on your thread:

"boi.ie is an old domain that is no longer in use by Bank of Ireland, however I can assure you that the bankofireland domain to which customers are redirected has an up to date SSL cert."

As you've requested us to do so, we will pass it on again.

Thanks
    Tara

As you've requested us to do so, we will pass it on again.

Thanks Tara.

I have attached another screen for the www.bankofireland.ie site.
    It may be worth your while to sending them your marketing manager as well.

296418.jpg

Thanks for that Tow. We've tried to replicate the error but are being redirected to the .com address, without interruption or error message. We'll pass it on regardless.

Have a lovely weekend.
    Tara

• Advertisement

Hi Tara
    Thanks for that, I have updated my post the with correct URL. In relation to the replicating the problem, if you use https:// rather than http:// you should get the error. 
    I understand about the redirect, and that the .com SSL cert is fully secure. 
    It just looks very poor that an irish bank cannot find a way to make its SSL work for its .ie domain. I am sure there are a lot of smart people working there who can come up with a nice way to make it work :) 

Hi Tara,

You need to prefix https in front of the site name, this causes the browser to open an secure link with the servers.
    Google now used https by default, so customers are getting the certificate errors when they manually change the address to 'www.boi.ie' etc.

Tow

Thanks for that guys. As I said earlier, I'm not a techi but will I pass this on to a colleague who is.

Have a great weekend
    Tara

By the way Tara,

Can you ask them why you now use .com sites rather than .ie?

Any Tom, Dick or Harry can register a similar .com site and use it to harvest login details, for example, look at http://www.366online.com/
    While you have to jump thru hoops to register a .ie domain and easer and safer for the customers to type www.boi.ie than www.bankofireland.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

is there or has there been some kind of domain name change???

Also, Alison, you must not have read my message, thanks for telling me to contact boi, x number, my post stated I already did that.

I was wondering the same thing Tow, it would appear to be more logical for a leading Irish Financial institute to use .ie. I guess the marking guys felt .com was better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

Anyone else having trouble logging in? I can't login for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Yep, finally got through to the phone number and there's a message "we know people may be experiencing problems validating their PIN" etc etc.  They're working on it.  Allegedly.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Yeah telling me incorrect login details when I know they're right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

still down

Advertisement