Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitting Thermostates on radiators in city.

Options
  • 25-02-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi,

I know nothing about plumbing so maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Can anyone give me some indication of how much it might cost to fit thermostats to 10 radiators?

Also, can anyone suggest a qualified plumber who could do it for me. Should I supply the fittings or would it be cheaper to get the plumber to supply and fit. Any recommendations of a good brand? My boiler is a Ideal Classic SE15, gas boiler.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭littlecat

Wilde_37 wrote: »
    Hi,

I know nothing about plumbing so maybe someone can point me in the right direction. Can anyone give me some indication of how much it might cost to fit thermostats to 10 radiators?

Also, can anyone suggest a qualified plumber who could do it for me. Should I supply the fittings or would it be cheaper to get the plumber to supply and fit. Any recommendations of a good brand? My boiler is a Ideal Classic SE15, gas boiler.

Know nothing either but Andy Gahan in Butlerstown is great - will definitely advise you, is v reasonable and is registered gas installer in case you ever need help in that regard. He's on the RGII website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Myson TRV's used to be a brand leader, make sure you get a good brand anyway.

I heard that when fitting TRV's that at least one radiator should be left without a valve, usually the smallest rad, don't know why or if true.

The lads over here will put you right.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1320

Advertisement