Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple air screen replacement (apple fix)

• 25-02-2014 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi all anyone know where to get a new screen for an iPad air. And anyone any dealings with applefix ballymount? Rang them earlier and they quoted €179 and said they would match any cheaper offer when I rang back with a written quote from gsm abbey street for €139 they said they wouldn't match it cos there known for not using proper screens but yet he couldn't prove that his was genuine apple. Anyone deal with applefix and do they use genuine apple products. They were giving a years guarantee though but just felt they were bull****ting me. Read a lot of negative feedback about GSM solutions on this site so I think I'll give them a miss. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

From my few years importing parts its impossible to tell if all parts you get are genuine. If the company are claiming its a genuine part chances are it is or at least a high copy grade A part.

Most Chinese companies sell 3 types of parts
    1.Original
    2.High Copy (sometimes called Grade A)
    3.Copy (sometimes called Grade B or remanufactured)

Some sellers claim its not possible to buy Original parts and the companies claiming they are selling originals are just grading their parts differently and they're selling high copy parts as original parts.
    I would always order Original or High copy if original is not available from the seller and I've rarely go a part which didn't at least look and feel like an original part.

I've never bought the Cheaper copy parts but I've cleaned up after many a home/dodgy repair.
    The cheaper copy (remanufactured/Grade B) parts are easy to spot, colours in LCDs are washed out, where LCD is glued to Digitizer there is often marks between, glass is sometimes thicker, digitizers don't last as long, often have dead patches which form over time, I've even seen plastic iPad digitizers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Useful post. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 scottdconnolly

Thanks a lot appreciate that. Do you sell/repair if so could you give me a price.

Advertisement