Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice moving forward

Options
  • 25-02-2014 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,
    I am currently on my second IEC and would like to ask for advice and tips moving forward pertaining to my situation. Thanks for any and all insight.
    My second IEC will expire in 2.5 months. I am working currently however my employer is taking his time in applying for an LMO. At this point I have consulted with a lawyer as to my situation. My priority at this point, while waiting for my employer to file the LMO is buying time past my expiry.
    Now I believe applying for a visitor visa is the way forward, however is this the same as a temporary resident visa and if not what are the differences?
    Ideally I would like to apply for 6 months, my lawyer seems to think this is the way forward. If I apply for 6 months TRV am I eligible for this amount if time, being from the uk/Ireland and visa exempt up to 6 months. What would the process be, applying online for the change in status and stating 6 months?
    I am worried about the possibility of them denying this amount if time as I have already been in Canada for 2 years?
    Anyone in a similar situation and can relay how they would proceed. I just need to buy time while waiting for the filing if an LMO and then work permit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Once your employer files for your LMO before your visa expires (even the day before) you'll get implied status until a decision is made on your LMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Also you can go for a temporary visitor visa, but your not allowed to work on it. Once your work gets the lmo application mailed off before your permit expires you can continue to work as you were without interruption

Advertisement