Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iZombie [The CW] [** Spoilers **]

1234568»

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

pixelburp wrote: »
    So after all that, all the threat, the zombie faction leader is ... the frickin' Inspector Clusseau knock off? NOT Livs dad? Bad move iZombie, really bad move and just made the dad's presence retroactively redundant filler - which if I'm honest formed about 80% of this final season
    Ah monsieur, was it not that Closseau took over from Liv's dad after executing him, non? Sacre bleu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Well that was a disappointing end to what at one time was a great show.

The last two seasons were really going down hill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The whole last episode felt very rushed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

The last 2 episodes were extremely rushed, felt like they had filmed a lot more but cut it down for time.

Overall very disappointed with the finale, could have been done so much better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

Yeah it was just ok, I guess. Always going to be a struggle to pull it off, esp since the show done a 180 since it's started. The final bit was a bit off. Everybody just going to be a zombie now, and Liv making "hey that's life" face at the end doesn't make for a great final shot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

That was a deeply underwhelming finale and then some; rushed and unfulfilling, often all over the place. Least I look for in these final ever episodes is a good send off for the main cast - so by that metric alone it was a failure.

And leaving on a twist of opt-in zombieism, reminds that the show never once addressed the moralities or realities of functional immortality; previously sick children, now scratched and un-aging or growing up? It sounds kinda perverse and while I get iZombie was never that dark a show, the door it opened always remained noticeable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Very disappointing ending.
    Its like no one told the writers until at the end that the show were finishing.
    The Blaine ending was awful. I would have preferred if Donnie had shot him than end like that.
    Also how did Peyton know? Donnie's girlfriend was the frey kid so her brain was given to someone. Obviously the writers forgot this part or thought no one would cop it.
    I wonder were they hoping Netflix or someone would take it over or a sequel to be made.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Well I thought that was great. 15 minutes of hijinx on a plane in a 45 minute finale! What's not to love? And then a final showdown against both our two great antagonists Inspector Clouseau Enzo and Dolly Durkins!!!! What a pay off for whole of minutes of set up for these two classic villains. So many she's dead, she's not dead, he's dead, he's not dead, she's dead twists!!! All the tears of grieving partners who we never get to see discovering their loved one is alive!!! A shocking bombing leading to a 10 years later jump to a surprise husband and wife led police department and virtual reality shenanigans with Piz! That's not to mention the thrilling, never seen before drama of a last minute dash to a labouring wife who's refusing to push until her husband gets there. And the swept under the carpet questions posed by the forever teenagers and a form of immortality that nearly all humans will want to take advantage of but depends on dead humans to sustain itself! And how heartwarming to think of Ravi and Peyton moving to Zombie Island to be reunited with Liv and Major when we've just spent several whole seconds feeling sad that they live in other parts of the country now.

It will go down with Six Feet Under as one of the all time great finales!:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,257 ✭✭✭✭flazio

iguana wrote: »
    Well I thought that was great. 15 minutes of hijinx on a plane in a 45 minute finale! What's not to love? And then a final showdown against both our two great antagonists Inspector Clouseau Enzo and Dolly Durkins!!!! What a pay off for whole of minutes of set up for these two classic villains. So many she's dead, she's not dead, he's dead, he's not dead, she's dead twists!!! All the tears of grieving partners who we never get to see discovering their loved one is alive!!! A shocking bombing leading to a 10 years later jump to a surprise husband and wife led police department and virtual reality shenanigans with Piz! That's not to mention the thrilling, never seen before drama of a last minute dash to a labouring wife who's refusing to push until her husband gets there. And the swept under the carpet questions posed by the forever teenagers and a form of immortality that nearly all humans will want to take advantage of but depends on dead humans to sustain itself! And how heartwarming to think of Ravi and Peyton moving to Zombie Island to be reunited with Liv and Major when we've just spent several whole seconds feeling sad that they live in other parts of the country now.

After reading that.

It wasn't quite Orphan Black was it? A lot wrong with it. I mean, why did Liv and Major decide to stay Zombie? Maybe if they threw out a line about them dieing if they turned human would make more sense or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

flazio wrote: »
    After reading that.

It wasn't quite Orphan Black was it? A lot wrong with it. I mean, why did Liv and Major decide to stay Zombie? Maybe if they threw out a line about them dieing if they turned human would make more sense or something.

The part about the dying frey children needing someone to look after them?
    Remember the child asking Liv if there was a cure does that mean those kids died etc?
    That part was fairly obvious.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Iguana, you glorious bast*rd you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Yeah a pretty disappointing final season . The resolution of of the storylines for all the characters felt a bit off. Maybe the creator was spending more time on the veronica mars reboot and lost interest in the show.

To quote Buffy "Now you're just abusing sarcasm"
    Although I'm guessing you're being sincere about Six Feet Under ending being great, which it was

I've said it before, but it bares repeating: what the F was Enzo about? Was that Rob Thomas' bright idea? Somebody liked him cos that he turned out to be the main zombie antagonist was almost a disgrace to writing.

iZombie drew plenty of broad stereotypes via Livs brain trips, but ye gods.

Zoot Alor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,916 ✭✭✭✭iguana

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Although I'm guessing you're being sincere about Six Feet Under ending being great, which it was

SFU was a truly great finale and one that I don't think splits opinion.

I'm honestly starting to think that while Rob Thomas can undeniably pull off some fantastic writing, his true genius is in casting very charismatic actors who find amazing chemistry with each other. Long after he loses his grasp on the story he is writing, his shows remain watchable because the cast are so very good. Both Veronica Mars and iZombie started out so very, very brilliantly but by the end I was only watching them from a mix of earlier goodwill and not wanting to say goodbye to the fantastic characters. And that had more to do with the people playing them who rose above what was often seriously out of character writing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm wondering if Rob Thomas just completely checked out for the final season as he was working on "Veronica Mars". Might explain a bit.

A lot wrong with this finale - managing to be both slow (all the airplane nonsense) and rushed.

One of the things that didn't sit well with me was Donnie's end. They had been showing him become a better person throughout the season and he didn't deserve the same fate as Blaine. What was the point of pushing him through a redemptive arc only to leave him down the well too?

Think this is the only Rob Thomas series he got to write a finale for,I think.
    Veronica Mars got cancelled after 3 seasons, Party Down after 2 (still need to watch it), both attempts at Cupid cancelled after 1 season (liked the first more than the second). Dunno about 90210

I saw the credits saying "teleplay by Rob Thomas", with the "story" credits being 2 other folk; a very old fashioned credit I hadn't seen since 90s shows. Feels like the finale writing gig wasn't cut and dry. Whatever it was, the result was a bloody mess. Feels like in 6 months time we'll get the "real" story behind the final season and why elements like Dolly Derkins got short shrift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I watched the last two episodes back to back today and didn't hate them as much as you guys.
    I liked the TV Station showdown, but the VR interview 10 years later was ill-judged and a bit tacked on (and everyone looked the same).

I think we're all agreed that Enzo was a horrific character - all he was missing was a mustache to twirl.

The show was definitely limping towards the end though, but at least it got a decent ending. :o

Advertisement