If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€500 tv

Options
  • 25-02-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,looking at spending around 500. dont have any cable tv yet as just into appart which also doesnt allow sat dishes.
    Thinkin bout smart tv, wifi incl, around 40"
    Whats your best opinion

I see you mention ss 5500 & 6320, is there much diff,other than price
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Dmac, cheers for the post.

The 5500 is 100Hz and not 3D. The 6320 is 200Hz which really helps when it comes to better motion handling and the 6320 is also 3D. It features better connections and better contrast and black levels and is well worth the few quid in the difference.

The only issue is that the 500 Euro budget would be blown as the UE40F6320 is £499.95 with delivery at £19.95 which would work out at around 650 Euro.

It does come with a 5 year warranty which may will give you peace of mind for 5 years.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 28 dmac01

Hi Dmac, cheers for the post.

The 5500 is 100Hz and not 3D. The 6320 is 200Hz which really helps when it comes to better motion handling and the 6320 is also 3D. It features better connections and better contrast and black levels and is well worth the few quid in the difference.

The only issue is that the 500 Euro budget would be blown as the UE40F6320 is £499.95 with delivery at £19.95 which would work out at around 650 Euro.

It does come with a 5 year warranty which may will give you peace of mind for 5 years.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Dave

Been looking at SS UE40F6400 & UE40F5500AKXXU
    which would you reckon

Thanks

The F6400 model is not one that we stock so I don't know a lot about it but it judging by pricing that I can see, it's not too far away from the 6320 that we do so it's likely to blow the budget unless I am missing something.

The 5500 is a decent TV and one that we have sold quite a few of, but for the money difference, the 6320 is a much better TV. If you are specifically looking at Samsung and the budget is around 500 Euro then the 5500 with delivery would come in at around 562 Euro.

I would suggest looking at the Panasonic TXL42E6B which is around 625 Euro including delivery and this outperforms the 6320 Samsung.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/panasonic-tx-l42e6b_TV_review

Let me know what your thoughts are.

ATB

Dave

Dave
    Cheers for your help
    Ive saw the ss UE40F6500/6400 both at a good discounted price elsewhere, so may go with one of these

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

dmac01 wrote: »
    Dave
    Cheers for your help
    Ive saw the ss UE40F6500/6400 both at a good discounted price elsewhere, so may go with one of these
    Hi Dmac,

No problem.

If there is anything else we can do to help just let us know.

Chris

• Advertisement

Hi
    May change my mind again,was thinkin may not need a smart tv
    i gather a roku or chromecast may do same thing
    So am now lookin at an ordinary tv 400-450, which may leave 100 left to get a set top box
    What tv and box do you recommend
    Cheers

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

If it was me I'd stick to smart (we stock very little that isn't smart these days) - if you wanted to stick to a reasonable budget I'd look at the Toshiba 40L7355 at £399.95 / €499.99 which has a really great spec including:

200Hz AMR ( Thats Toshiba's Motion control)
    Audyssey Audio
    Wifi
    You Tube / Netflix / Facebook apps built in
    Freeview HD ( Fully okay for Saorview)
    Twin USB inputs
    4 HDMI inputs

Great spec for the spends..

If you could spend a little more - I'd go with Chris' recommendation and opt for the excellent Panasonic TXL42E6 - at £469.95 / €599.99 it's outstanding value!

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Does the tv get updated, as i right in saying a smart tvs' features dont get updated

dmac01 wrote: »
    Does the tv get updated, as i right in saying a smart tvs' features dont get updated
    Dmac01,

it really depends - when the manufacturer issues a firmware upgrade it may add or modify smart features - and you can also add additional 'Apps' to most smart TV line-ups...

Is there a particular TV you have or are looking for that you need specific information on?

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Basically im thinkin of watching tv channels which i can get on my phone, onto the tv
    I only have saorview at the minute and dont intend to pay upc to watch tv

• Advertisement

Hi there, I'm not entirely sure that what you are trying to do will work.

You can stream some channels from an app to Apple TV but not directly to the TV. 

TV's will allow streaming videos and pictures but i could not guarantee that any TV will allow you to stream TV from a phone to a TV. They tend to restrict things like this as people can then get away with paying companies like UPC or having to pay TV license etc. 

Unfortunately I cannot recommend any TV that will do what you need it to.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 4 telecaster357

Hi I'm looking to buy a 46 inch full us tv , LCD led or plasma , looking for one under €600 if possible , any recommendations ?

Hi I'm looking to buy a 46 inch full us tv , LCD led or plasma , looking for one under €600 if possible , any recommendations ?
    Telecaster,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - the best deal we have at the moment is a Samsung 46F5000 which is £469.95 / €589.99 - not many left in stock tho'

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue46f5000/sams-ue46f5000

Keep us posted if we can assist,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Hi guys, Been asked by a friend to recommend a 40" ish tv for her and as always have come to ye first for a look. Her absolute highest budget is €500 (I pushed her up from €400!) so the Toshiba 40L7355 interests me. Does it come with extra warranty, how many scart inputs and have ye stock? thanks

sweetie wrote: »
    Hi guys, Been asked by a friend to recommend a 40" ish tv for her and as always have come to ye first for a look. Her absolute highest budget is €500 (I pushed her up from €400!) so the Toshiba 40L7355 interests me. Does it come with extra warranty, how many scart inputs and have ye stock? thanks
    Sweetie,
    thanks for the recommendation, much appreciated and your bargin sniffing nose is still working to maximum effect as the 40L7355 is a great buy at £399.95 / €499

It comes including a 5 year warranty - in connection terms it has 2 USBs, 4 HDMI, a Scart adaptor socket as well as component and composite sockets - so its unusually well equipped..

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/toshiba/40l7355db/tosh-40l7355db

With full web browser and built in wifi it really is well featured and the PQ and motion is excellent as well,

Keep me posted & thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.