Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DOES CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT EXIST? ARE CUSTOMER SERVICES REPS INTERESTED?

Options
  • 25-02-2014 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

I HAVE FOR THE LAST 44 DAYS BEEN SENDING EMAILS/LETTERS/FAX AND PHONECALLS AND AS YET I HAVE RECEIVED NO REPLY TO MY INITIAL EMAIL.
    IT SEEMS THAT EIRCOM ARE BASICALLY TELLING ME THAT MY BUSINESS IS NOT REQUIRED.

I HAVE DISCOVERED AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICES ccm@eircom.ie. BUT YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME CONTACTING THEM AS I HAVE DISCOVERED SINCE JANUARY 11. I HAVE SENT ALMOST 30 EMAILS AND HAVE YET TO GET A RESPONSE TO MY INITIAL EMAIL. SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER SERVICES.

THERE IS ALSO 2 DIRECT LINE NUMBERS. DON'T BOTHER DIALING 1901, IT WILL ONLY DRIVE YOU INSANE. BUT  TRY 1800200481 OR 017015609. GRANTED IT WILL BE QUICKER TO GET TALKING TO A HUMAN, BUT YOU WILL STILL GET NO WHERE.

OVER THE FAST 44 DAYS, YES 44 DAYS I HAVE SENT EMAILS/FAX/LETTERS/PHONE CALLS AND I AM  GETTING NOWHERE.

THERE IS NO DIRECT PHONE NUMBER FOR CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS OR SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE EMAIL ADDRESS ccm@eircom.ie. ALSO DON'T USE THE BOGUS EMAIL ADDRESS canwehelp@eircom.ie .  

I AM EXTREMELY ANGRY WITH THE WAY I HAVE BEEN TREATED. A SIMPLE PROBLEM COULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY BY AN APOLOGY BY EMAIL/LETTER. BUT IT SEEMS EIRCOM DON'T DO THAT.  

I UNFORTUNATELY TODAY DUE TO EIRCOMS INACTION HAD TO CONTACT COM REG. EXPLAIN IN DETAIL MY COMPLAINT IN THE HOPE THEY WILL GET EIRCOM TO AT THE VERY LEAST RESPOND TO MY EMAILS/LETTERS ETC..

EIRCOM HAVE ALL THE DETAILS OF MY COMPLAINT. IT WASN'T A MAJOR COMPLAINT BUT HAS LEFT ME BELIEVE WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH A DIFFERENT TELEPHONE PROVIDER.  BUT THIS COMPLAINT HAS NOW MUSHROOMED.  

WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN EIRCOM CUSTOMERS APART FROM 1 YEAR WHEN I FOOLISHLY TRIED PERLICO.  WE NEVER INTENDED LEAVING EIRCOM , BUT I AM NOW AT MY WITS END. 

HOW MANY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS DO I HAVE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH BEFORE THEY GIVE ME A PROPER RESPONSE EITHER BY EMAIL/LETTER.

AN EIRCOM REP TODAY TOLD ME THAT A COMPLAINT CAN TAKE UP TO 11 DAYS TO GET SORTED SO TO SPEAK. I'M WAITING 44 DAYS.  

I AM NOT HAPPY. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭chuckyarelaw

babydoc wrote: »
    I HAVE FOR THE LAST 44 DAYS BEEN SENDING EMAILS/LETTERS/FAX AND PHONECALLS AND AS YET I HAVE RECEIVED NO REPLY TO MY INITIAL EMAIL.
    IT SEEMS THAT EIRCOM ARE BASICALLY TELLING ME THAT MY BUSINESS IS NOT REQUIRED.

I HAVE DISCOVERED AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICES ccm@eircom.ie. BUT YOU WILL BE WASTING YOUR TIME CONTACTING THEM AS I HAVE DISCOVERED SINCE JANUARY 11. I HAVE SENT ALMOST 30 EMAILS AND HAVE YET TO GET A RESPONSE TO MY INITIAL EMAIL. SO MUCH FOR CUSTOMER SERVICES.

THERE IS ALSO 2 DIRECT LINE NUMBERS. DON'T BOTHER DIALING 1901, IT WILL ONLY DRIVE YOU INSANE. BUT  TRY 1800200481 OR 017015609. GRANTED IT WILL BE QUICKER TO GET TALKING TO A HUMAN, BUT YOU WILL STILL GET NO WHERE.

OVER THE FAST 44 DAYS, YES 44 DAYS I HAVE SENT EMAILS/FAX/LETTERS/PHONE CALLS AND I AM  GETTING NOWHERE.

THERE IS NO DIRECT PHONE NUMBER FOR CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS OR SO I HAVE BEEN TOLD. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THE EMAIL ADDRESS ccm@eircom.ie. ALSO DON'T USE THE BOGUS EMAIL ADDRESS canwehelp@eircom.ie .  

I AM EXTREMELY ANGRY WITH THE WAY I HAVE BEEN TREATED. A SIMPLE PROBLEM COULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED IMMEDIATELY BY AN APOLOGY BY EMAIL/LETTER. BUT IT SEEMS EIRCOM DON'T DO THAT.  

I UNFORTUNATELY TODAY DUE TO EIRCOMS INACTION HAD TO CONTACT COM REG. EXPLAIN IN DETAIL MY COMPLAINT IN THE HOPE THEY WILL GET EIRCOM TO AT THE VERY LEAST RESPOND TO MY EMAILS/LETTERS ETC..

EIRCOM HAVE ALL THE DETAILS OF MY COMPLAINT. IT WASN'T A MAJOR COMPLAINT BUT HAS LEFT ME BELIEVE WE WOULD BE BETTER OFF WITH A DIFFERENT TELEPHONE PROVIDER.  BUT THIS COMPLAINT HAS NOW MUSHROOMED.  

WE HAVE ALWAYS BEEN EIRCOM CUSTOMERS APART FROM 1 YEAR WHEN I FOOLISHLY TRIED PERLICO.  WE NEVER INTENDED LEAVING EIRCOM , BUT I AM NOW AT MY WITS END. 

HOW MANY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS DO I HAVE TO GET IN CONTACT WITH BEFORE THEY GIVE ME A PROPER RESPONSE EITHER BY EMAIL/LETTER.

AN EIRCOM REP TODAY TOLD ME THAT A COMPLAINT CAN TAKE UP TO 11 DAYS TO GET SORTED SO TO SPEAK. I'M WAITING 44 DAYS.  

I AM NOT HAPPY. 

Shouty shouty get nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭babydoc

44 days waiting on a response fis not shouty shouty.
    How would you feel
    Would you accept it?

Maybe you work for Eircom and wont let the side down!!

How would you feel
    Would you accept it?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭sidcon

How would you feel
    Would you accept it?

But cap locks is shouting

• Advertisement

sidcon wrote: »
    But cap locks is shouting

?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭sidcon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I think having a go at the OP just because he/she is using caps is unnecessary-he/she is obviously angry.
    OP, I've been dealing with a very nice rep from Eircom called Alan; in fact we've been in communication the past few days.
    Why don't you send him a PM and I'm sure he can sort your issues out.

fussyonion wrote: »
    I think having a go at the OP just because he/she is using caps is unnecessary-he/she is obviously angry.
    OP, I've been dealing with a very nice rep from Eircom called Alan; in fact we've been in communication the past few days.
    Why don't you send him a PM and I'm sure he can sort your issues out.
    Thanks.
     But i also was talking to two people, Samantha and Stuart on February 14th/17th.. Both very nice. Both promised they would contact the relevant people concerned. alas nothing has come from it. 
    It was really a very simple issue that could have been sorted 44 days ago.  I feel let down badly.
    We don't want to leave Eircom,  as better the devil you know than the devil you don't know.
     But i am banging my head against a brick wall to get a proper response.

Also was using caps so i can see print clearly.
    Typed using mobile phone.
    Also, I am angry with the way i am being treated,
    but not the reason that i used caps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

It sounds very frustrating, OP, but I had some issues myself with Eircom..
    I rang them several times recently to sort something out and I was getting nowhere with the Customer Care team.
    Then I came on here and spoke to Alan and my issues were resolved.
    Give it a go, OP, you've nothing to lose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

HI babydoc

Firstly let me apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment caused, I can see from you post that something is obviously not right so if you would like to PM me details of the issue in hand and your account details I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

HI babydoc

Firstly let me apologise for the inconvenience and disappointment caused, I can see from you post that something is obviously not right so if you would like to PM me details of the issue in hand and your account details I will look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

will the information that i send you be private or public?

my email address is <snip>

my email address is <snip>
    HI babydoc

I have replied to you PM

If you would like to get back to us detailing the issues in hand we will look further in to this for you.

Thanks,

Al

did you get private message alan?
    sent yesterday evening around 8.30pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

did you get private message alan?
    sent yesterday evening around 8.30pm
    Hi babydoc, Al is off for a few days. I can have a look at PM's and follow up on this for you. I will be back as soon as I can but most likely that will be Monday. Sorry for the delay, but we should have info then.
    Tony

Alan/Tony, haven't heard back from you yet.
    Is there a problem?
    Patrick

Still awaiting a reply from eircom.
    numerous emails, letters, phone calls,
    fax, messages on boarda.ie . SINCE JANUARY 11.
    At this stage its a total and utter joke.
    Does customer service exist?

Still awaiting a reply from eircom.
    numerous emails, letters, phone calls,
    fax, messages on boarda.ie . SINCE JANUARY 11.
    At this stage its a total and utter joke.
    Does customer service exist?

Hi babydoc

I have not been available to reply to your PM unfortunately until now. I have read the PM you sent me and I see that James replied to you however you have stated this was unsatisfactory as the email had advised that the complaint must be made from the owner of the account.

I understand you have had issues in being recognised as the account owner but the account must be changed to your name if you require this. I can understand how frustrating this can be so if you would like to PM me a contact number for you I will arrange a call to you to discuss this further.

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

I rang them several times recently to sort something out and I was getting nowhere with the Customer Care team.

Alan/Tony
    Is this a joke?
    The registered owner has sent emails and eircom refuse to respond.
    She posted a signed letter to eircom on february 3rd demanding you reply to my emails and you still refuse to reply.
    If you REFUSE to reply to the registered owner, what is the point in changing the account to my name.
    Its january 11 since i first sent an email to eircom, total and utter joke

Alan/Tony
    Is this a joke?
    The registered owner has sent emails and eircom refuse to respond.
    She posted a signed letter to eircom on february 3rd demanding you reply to my emails and you still refuse to reply.
    If  you REFUSE to reply to the registered owner, what is the point in changing the account to my name.
    Its january 11 since i first sent an email to eircom, total  and utter joke
    Hi babydoc
    I can see Al is chasing this for you and responded on other thread.  You should receive another post there also.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

Babydoc - I feel your frustration.  I'm familiar with Eircom's diversionary tactics.  It took me about 7 months to cancel a land-line contract with them!  I was being sent from Billy to Jack, being told that I couldn't cancel a contract by email, being told I couldn't cancel a contract in writing, then being told I could only cancel a contract over the phone!!!  Everytime I tried to cancel over the phone, the call would drop haha.  ComReg is your only route to follow in this case, as they will drive you bonkers with side-stepping and sending you on wild goose chases otherwise.  Don't ask me why they operate this way as it can't be good for word of mouth business, but that's how I was treated anyway!  

sopretty wrote: »
    Babydoc - I feel your frustration.  I'm familiar with Eircom's diversionary tactics.  It took me about 7 months to cancel a land-line contract with them!  I was being sent from Billy to Jack, being told that I couldn't cancel a contract by email, being told I couldn't cancel a contract in writing, then being told I could only cancel a contract over the phone!!!  Everytime I tried to cancel over the phone, the call would drop haha.  ComReg is your only route to follow in this case, as they will drive you bonkers with side-stepping and sending you on wild goose chases otherwise.  Don't ask me why they operate this way as it can't be good for word of mouth business, but that's how I was treated anyway!  
    Hi sopretty
    really sorry to read that you had difficulty in having this done. The process is pretty straight forward.
    In order to cancel a contract you do have to call our Customer Care team on 1901, they then begin the process of cancellation and you would then have to either mail or write to confirm cancellation.
    This process is in place in order to fully capture all details and ensure closing of accounts and any monies is done correctly.
    Our apologies that in your case this took longer.
    Tony  

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭sopretty

sopretty wrote: »
    Hi sopretty
    really sorry to read that you had difficulty in having this done. The process is pretty straight forward.
    In order to cancel a contract you do have to call our Customer Care team on 1901, they then begin the process of cancellation and you would then have to either mail or write to confirm cancellation.
    This process is in place in order to fully capture all details and ensure closing of accounts and any monies is done correctly.
    Our apologies that in your case this took longer.
    Tony  
    Yes Tony - It is so straight-forward that it took seven months, 100's of calls, thousands of minutes on hold, several emails and finally the intervention of Comreg to accomplish!!!  

Advertisement