Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Main Power Lines to Waterford City

Options
  • 25-02-2014 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Where are the main power lines to the city.

How much do we depend on the cables that cross the river near the bridge and if any were damaged by a storm what effect would it have.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Where are the main power lines to the city.

How much do we depend on the cables that cross the river near the bridge and if any were damaged by a storm what effect would it have.
    I'm very suspicious about why you want to know. What are you planning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

He is planning on stealing the power to the entire city. We must organise a march or some sort of protest to stop him...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭oak5548

I've always wanted to zip line across those yokes.
    I've also wondered how they managed to bring them from one side to the other when first building them.
    I also wonder how they test them!

Boat?
    Helicopter?
    Did they drag it across rice bridge and up the cliffs?

I remember the one of the pylons exploded one night going back to around 99/00.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Username99 wrote: »
    He is planning on stealing the power to the entire city. We must organise a march or some sort of protest to stop him...

nothing that sinister I'm afraid, sorry to disappoint you:D just curious as to how dependent the city is on these lines.

Advertisement