Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1 Metre of concrete

Options
  • 25-02-2014 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys
    I just got a quote of 150 euro for one metre cubed 30n of concrete delivered to west dublin.
    Thought that was a bit steep anyone recently get small loads and can they recommend someone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Concrete is roughly €70 per cube ex vat and there's normally a €50/€60 small load charge for loads under 4 cubes. So your not doing too bad at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

hexosan wrote: »
    Concrete is roughly €70 ex vat and there's normally a €50/€60 small load charge for loads under 4 cubes. So your not doing too bad at that price.

Jaysas ! :( I thought that was a bit steep too.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Get a mixer, aggregate, sand and cement and a wheelbarrow and see how long it takes you. It'll be the best €150 you never spent.
    Why are some people so cheap and tight?

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Get a mixer, aggregate, sand and cement and a wheelbarrow and see how long it takes you. It'll be the best €150 you never spent.
    Why are some people so cheap and tight?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a mixer, I dont have time to mix need to lay this in around 2 - 3 hours on my own.
    So cheap and tight??? mixing yourself would suggest being cheap and tight also you wouldnt save 150 euro hiring a mixer for a day would cost at least a third of that alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

€150 is not bad for a single metre of concrete. You might find it for a few euro cheaper shopping around, but then you've also wasted half an hour of your life on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭...__...

Yea i stuck with it delivery monday morning I set an impossible deadline for myself but too late to stop now have to try and get a whacker for free for a few hours now for sunday night at least I dont have neighbours to worry about :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

...__... wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have a mixer, I dont have time to mix need to lay this in around 2 - 3 hours on my own.
    So cheap and tight??? mixing yourself would suggest being cheap and tight also you wouldnt save 150 euro hiring a mixer for a day would cost at least a third of that alone.

I think that's his point.

BTW, there's some strange faces in your post ????

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

kceire wrote: »
    I think that's his point.

BTW, there's some strange faces in your post ????

At least someone's awake. Exactly

Advertisement