Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Films on TV

• 25-02-2014 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Help!!! I need help in setting up my Toshiba Laptop to watch movies on TV. I am connected up via VGA cable and sound. I had it working sometime ago but I have forgotten the selections after I select controlpanel. Please help an Old man.:o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

There's often a Fn+F?? key combination to toggle the display between laptop screen and external output. Depending on the TV you might need to adjust the screen resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 pateli

Thanks for your Reply but it doesnt work for me. What I remember is that I went to Control Panel but cannot recollect where I went next I think it was Display then What do I do.

Thanks for reply but It does not work for me, I remember that I selected Control Panel then I think Display but dont remember what was next. My TV is a Finlux LCD. I just need a step by step guide please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

pateli wrote: »
    Thanks for reply but It does not work for me, I remember that I selected Control Panel then I think Display but dont remember what was next. My TV is a Finlux LCD. I just need a step by step guide please

Can you not just connect it with a HDMI cable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Can you not just connect it with a HDMI cable?

I'm guessing his laptop doesn't have HDMI out

OP: What operating system is on your laptop. Windows XP, Vista, 7?

• Advertisement

Thanks Guys My Laptop does not have HMDI but AVC it is a Toshiba and I use windows 7. I did watch a couple of Films on it But because of my Senility I have forgotten the procedure after Control Panel Selection I have connected to AVC and Sound But just need to be Reminded of correct Laptop selection..:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

pateli wrote: »
    Thanks Guys My Laptop does not have HMDI but AVC it is a Toshiba and I use windows 7. I did watch a couple of Films on it But because of my Senility I have forgotten the procedure after Control Panel Selection I have connected to AVC and Sound But just need to be Reminded of correct Laptop selection..:confused:

When you have the TV connected with the VGA cable go to Control Panel and select Appearance and Personalization
    In the Display row select Connect to an External display.
    You should get an option to output the signal to the TV.
    296142.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Hold down the Windows key and press P

Should give you a selection of Extended / Duplicate / Projector.

Duplicate or Projector is what you should pick.

Thanks everyone for your advice Thanks to you all we are up and running. I do appreciate your help.:)

Advertisement