Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AEG Lavamat Princess 803

• 25-02-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

I have the above mentioned washing machine and even though it is now about 30 years old it is still a great machine.
    However one of the corrugated hoses has now perished and it is leaking water.
    The hole is about 1/2 cm across(if you open it up)
    I'm finding it very difficult to get a replacement part
    So
    Isit possible to glue the rubber again or possibly put a patch(e.g.bicycle tube patch) on it or will the detergent in the wash just "wash off" the glue ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Is it the soap box hose or sump hose, stick up a picture of it , I have a large bag of hoses from way back. Have a look also on ebay .de. (Germany) there is at least one AEG hose up on offer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Thanks Re Ace.
    I would reckon it is called the sump hose.
    It has three inlets- one from the drum, one to the pump(I think) and one to the filter.

I have been trawling various "parts sites" for the last few days but to no avail and any of the ones on E-Bay don't look like the part.

I will try and get a few pics up tomorrow.

Here is a photo of the hose.The opening coming from the drum(centre of pic) is 9cms in diameter and the one going to the filter(right of pic) is 7cms diameter.The tear is in the corrugated piece in the middle although it can't be seen in the picture as it is at the back of the hose.The inlet on the left of the pic takes a 1" pipe but I'm not sure where this comes from.
    http://s161.photobucket.com/user/bluedillon/media/WashingMachineHose_zps044f5a8e.jpg.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I did some Googling around some German sites to try and get a part number. Found a few different Lavamat 803's (not Princess though) and found a part number 8996450520805 that looks the same and seemed to be the same for all the 803 models as far as I could see.

Going to AEG's own spares site it looks like you can get it direct from them ...

http://spares.aeg.ie/search?ssv=8996450520805

If you can find your product number on the sticker (if it's still legible!) you can enter that on the site and get a list of all spares for that model just to make sure.

Thanks Alun.
    That certainly looks like the part but my model number is not recognised by AEG(it may be replaced with a new model number)so I sent an e-mail to AEG asking if this is the correct part or if not to point me in the correct direction.
    I will let ye know when I get a reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭The Red Ace

Vizzy, checked but I don't have it, hopefully you can get one from Germany.

Thanks,The Red Ace,for even checking.

Hopefully Germany will yield results.

Advertisement