Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installer details

Options
  • 25-02-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

Hi All,

Im considering purchasing a climote and I was wondering is their a specific list of installers that are used and If you are willing to supply it. Based in kerry btw

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi jackreacher,

Thanks for contacting us with this query. We can certainly arrange the installation of a Climote system for you, with a registered installer from your area.
    There is further information available on our website: http://elec.ie/ClimoteDetails

We can also arrange a callback for you from a member of our Home Services team to discuss this if you wish, please just PM us with your full name, address and contact number.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FURZYchris

]I AM VERY CONFUSED BY INFORMATION I GOT ON THE PHONE RE A DISCONNECTION. WE INHERITED AN OLD COTTAGE IN GALWAY WHICH WE WERE GOING TO RENOVATE AS ITS IN A BAD STATE. WE WERE PAYING ESB BILLS BUT WE HAVE HAD TO PUT OFF RENOVATIONS DUE TO A CHANGE IN FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES,.I PHONED ESB ON NUMEROUS TIMES TO FIND OUT ABOUT DISCONNECTING SUPPLY. I WAS TOLD IF WE DISCONNECTED AND THEN AFTER TWO YEARS WE WOULD HAVE TO SEND SITE MAP TO ATHLONE AND IF "NO LINES HAD BEEN CHANGED IT WOULD NOT BE VIEWED AS NEW CONNECTION" SO WE WENT AHEAD. I WENT TO GALWAY FRI TO MEET ESB STAFF TO HAND OVER MAIN FUSE,, THIS MAN TOLD ME AFTER TWO YEARS IT IS ALWAYS VIEWED AS NEW CONNECTION!! AND HE ALSO TOLD ME THEY ARE VERY STRICT ABOUT TWO YEARS AND NO LEEWAY IS GIVEN..AT THIS STAGE HE HAD THE BLACK METER BOX AND MAIN FUSE TAKEN OUT.NOW I DONT KNOW WHO TO BELIVE. I DREAD PHONING ESB ON MONDAY AS TALKING TO THE ROBOT TAKES AT LEAST 20 MINS AND INEVITABLY AFTER ALL THAT I COULD BE TOLD I HAVE TO PHONE ANOTHER NO. CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS MATTER???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi FURZYchris,

Thanks for your post.

The reconnection process depends on how long your home has been disconnected.

Less than 6 months:

Contact Electric Ireland on 1850 372 372 to arrange a reconnection (the fee for reconnection being €79.45 incl. VAT).

6 months to 2 years:

Get a registered electrical contractor to check and certify the wiring.
    Contact Electric Ireland on 1850 372 372 to arrange a reconnection (fee as above).

Over 2 years:

Submit an application form, ordnance survey map and site map to:

ESB Networks Services Bureau
    PO Box 29
    Garrycastle
    Athlone
    Co Westmeath
    FURZYchris wrote:
    I WAS TOLD IF WE DISCONNECTED AND THEN AFTER TWO YEARS WE WOULD HAVE TO SEND SITE MAP TO ATHLONE AND IF "NO LINES HAD BEEN CHANGED IT WOULD NOT BE VIEWED AS NEW CONNECTION

Were you speaking with ESB Networks or Electric Ireland when you were told this? If the latter, we could investigate further, but if it was ESB Networks (a separate company) you would need to contact them.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 6 FURZYchris

Hi FURZYchris,

Thanks for your post.

The reconnection process depends on how long your home has been disconnected.

Less than 6 months:

Contact Electric Ireland on 1850 372 372 to arrange a reconnection (the fee for reconnection being €79.45 incl. VAT).

6 months to 2 years:

Contact Electric Ireland on 1850 372 372 to arrange a reconnection (fee as above).

Over 2 years:

Submit an application form, ordnance survey map and site map to:

ESB Networks Services Bureau
    PO Box 29
    Garrycastle
    Athlone
    Co Westmeath
    Originally posted by FURZYchris
    I WAS TOLD IF WE DISCONNECTED AND THEN AFTER TWO YEARS WE WOULD HAVE TO SEND SITE MAP TO ATHLONE AND IF "NO LINES HAD BEEN CHANGED IT WOULD NOT BE VIEWED AS NEW CONNECTION

Were you speaking with ESB Networks or Electric Ireland when you were told this? If the latter, we could investigate further, but if it was ESB Networks (a separate company) you would need to contact them.

Regards,
    David
    THANKS FOR THAT DAVID=IT WAS ELECTRIC IRELAND I SPOKE WITH,,THE CONFUSION IS WITH THE "TWO YEARS""=IS IT VIEWED AS A NEW CONNECTION ALWAYS=1800EURO..IF THIS IS CORRECT WE ARE UNDER PRESSURE NOW TO HAVE IT RENOVATED IN UNDER TWO YEARS IF WE WANT TO AVOID PAYING 1800EURO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi FURZYChris,

Thanks for getting back to us.
    FUZYChris wrote:
    THE CONFUSION IS WITH THE "TWO YEARS""=IS IT VIEWED AS A NEW CONNECTION ALWAYS=1800EURO..IF THIS IS CORRECT WE ARE UNDER PRESSURE NOW TO HAVE IT RENOVATED IN UNDER TWO YEARS IF WE WANT TO AVOID PAYING 1800EURO

Yes, anything after 2 years would need to be reapplied for and would be subject to ESB Networks' charges. The title of the application form you would need to fill out in this case is Application for a Connection to a Single Domestic Dwelling or Farm Premises.

As the above application form is for either new or existing connections (see section 2) the only consideration to take into account is the timeframe for which the premises is/was without power. It may not be treated as a new connection per se, but the ESB Networks' charge would still apply.

If possible, it would be best to ensure you arrange reconnection before 2 years have elapsed. If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

FURZYchris wrote: »
    ]I AM VERY CONFUSED BY INFORMATION I GOT ON THE PHONE RE A DISCONNECTION. WE INHERITED AN OLD COTTAGE IN GALWAY WHICH WE WERE GOING TO RENOVATE AS ITS IN A BAD STATE. WE WERE PAYING ESB BILLS BUT WE HAVE HAD TO PUT OFF RENOVATIONS DUE TO A CHANGE IN FAMILY CIRCUMSTANCES,.I PHONED ESB ON NUMEROUS TIMES TO FIND OUT ABOUT DISCONNECTING SUPPLY. I WAS TOLD IF WE DISCONNECTED AND THEN AFTER TWO YEARS WE WOULD HAVE TO SEND SITE MAP TO ATHLONE AND IF "NO LINES HAD BEEN CHANGED IT WOULD NOT BE VIEWED AS NEW CONNECTION"   SO WE WENT AHEAD. I WENT TO GALWAY FRI TO MEET ESB STAFF TO HAND OVER MAIN FUSE,, THIS MAN TOLD ME AFTER TWO YEARS IT IS ALWAYS VIEWED AS NEW CONNECTION!! AND HE ALSO TOLD ME THEY ARE VERY STRICT ABOUT TWO YEARS AND NO LEEWAY IS GIVEN..AT THIS STAGE HE HAD THE BLACK METER BOX AND MAIN FUSE TAKEN OUT.NOW I DONT KNOW WHO TO BELIVE. I DREAD PHONING ESB ON MONDAY AS TALKING TO THE ROBOT TAKES AT LEAST 20 MINS AND INEVITABLY AFTER ALL THAT I COULD BE TOLD I HAVE TO PHONE ANOTHER NO. CAN ANYONE SHED SOME LIGHT ON THIS MATTER???
    Please don't use all capital letters - it is bad etiquette - it's considered shouting

Advertisement