Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12mm Black Preglued Melamine

Options
  • 26-02-2014 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Working on an arcade cabinet that I've build and I'd like to finish some of the edges with melamine to give some chrome trim something solid to stick to.

Anyway I've Googled and Googled but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Anybody know of any Irish suppliers for this? UK suppliers would do at a pinch.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭gutteruu

I've been building arcade machines for a few years. You should probably be using 't-molding' which is inserted into a slot cut in the edge with a router. t-molding.com is the probably your best bet, but ebay etc can do it cheap too. Just make sure the slot cutter is the same width as the t-molding's barb. You just beat it in with a rubber hammer and ideally hot glue it in place also.

12715_5F00_01.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I know what T-moulding is but this machine wasn't built with it in mind as it's a bar top.

Melamine and 3M tap backed chrome trim will do the same job and won't look any different to the eye.

I didn't create this thread with a view as to finding the most efficient method for getting a finish to the edges of the unit, I'm just looking for a place to order some melamine from, know of anywhere?

Thanks.

Advertisement