Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

40" Samsung Smart LED TV w/wifi €365

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,981 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I saw a few screenshots of this TV with Netflix on it. You saying that Netflix won't work?
    Oh right. I was basing it on the following Samsung page: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00001263/58778/
    Of course it can, I dont know why he says he was basing it on that link either when the first line in that link says you can with the 2011-now product range, this is a 2013 tv. Google Samsung Smart Hub to see all the apps you can put on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

I saw a few screenshots of this TV with Netflix on it. You saying that Netflix won't work?
    Looks like I just read the information on the link I posted wrong. From reading again the table I was looking at was for Series 5 tv's without the Smart Hub.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mudlan

Decent Tv for the price!! thanks OP!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭6541

Thanks OP, now what delivery dates did you people get. I got March 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I got March 12th. SO I should expect to receive it approx a week later?

I got March 12th. SO I should expect to receive it approx a week later?
    Hopefully. They can be late with actual shipping dates but hopefully this one will be smooth enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Thanks to the op for the heads up on this, I've been looking to upgrade the TV for a while now!

I also got an expected shipping date of March 12th, what is delivery time like with these guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Oh right. I was basing it on the following Samsung page: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00001263/58778/

Here's an example of a similar less spec'ed TV selling there for the same price as this new. It's without the stand also.

From a skim read that's talking about TVs in 2010 and before.. Quite dated

Etnies wrote: »
    From a skim read that's talking about TVs in 2010 and before.. Quite dated
    Table at the bottom has upto 2012 and up to series 9 but I believe it is in relation to non-smart tv's. Some of them must come with the App. As another poster pointed out it doesn't matter for this tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭Shred

I got a March 12th shipping date also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Zascar wrote: »
    Seriously what is the story, all other electronics seem to depreciate, you'd think tv's that seems to get oudated so quickly would devalue crazy quick - but they don't at all. Puzzling

The prices people pay for some stuff on Adverts is bizarre.
    I see people buying electronics stuff for more than you'd buy the same product new online.
    I can only imagine its because these buyers have no credit card and have to shop locally.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The prices people pay for some stuff on Adverts is bizarre.
    I see people buying electronics stuff for more than you'd buy the same product new online.
    I can only imagine its because these buyers have no credit card and have to shop locally.
    Lack of knowledge of Bargain Alerts is their problem!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Thargor wrote: »
    Resale value on a tv?

Youve never sold a tv? Have a look on adverts mate

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Anyone got any good links for review articles/videos?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

Hi all bit of advice needed can I use this tv with sky HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

banaco73 wrote: »
    Hi all bit of advice needed can I use this tv with sky HD

Yes

IrishHomer wrote: »
    Yes

Tx read on one of the boards that I need a DVB-s tuner for sky and there does not seem to be one on the spec of this tv

http://uk-en.forum.ibood.com/45221-__samsung_40_inch_full_hd_led_smarttv_with_built-in_wifi/

Tx read on one of the boards that I need a DVB-s tuner for sky and there does not seem to be one on the spec of this tv

http://uk-en.forum.ibood.com/45221-__samsung_40_inch_full_hd_led_smarttv_with_built-in_wifi/
    That's without a skybox or subscription I think that it won't tune.

That's without a skybox or subscription I think that it won't tune.

So once I have a sky box and subscription I should be good to go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

So once I have a sky box and subscription I should be good to go

Yes

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I just got a mail saying it was shipped - Did anyone else get the same? Should be delivered in 1-3 days. However it then said this:

"Your order is delivered by TNT because the shipment fits in a normal mailbox. Unfortunately, this means that it is not possible to track your shipment using track & trace." How big do they think my mailbox is???

Strange there is no tracking. Also the address in the email is missing the company name that was on the order confirmation.

I just got a shipping confirmation from iBood stating the set would be delivered in 1-3 days! Although the automated mail does state it's "shipped by TNT because the shipment fits in a normal mailbox"...hmm. Anyone else?

Zascar wrote: »
    I just got a mail saying it was shipped - Did anyone else get the same? Should be delivered in 1-3 days. However it then said this:

"Your order is delivered by TNT because the shipment fits in a normal mailbox. Unfortunately, this means that it is not possible to track your shipment using track & trace." How big do they think my mailbox is???

Strange there is no tracking. Also the address in the email is missing the company name that was on the order confirmation.
    Shred wrote: »
    I just got a shipping confirmation from iBood stating the set would be delivered in 1-3 days! Although the automated mail does state it's "shipped by TNT because the shipment fits in a normal mailbox"...hmm. Anyone else?

Snap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

ditto

time to spam them about a tracking number now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Got the same mail this morning myself, hopefully get it this week then :)

• Advertisement

Got the same. Surprised by the early shipping! Had a look at the last tv I had shipped and it was sent by DHL with tracking. Probably a mistake sending the wrong mail template or something. There's no way it'll fit in the letterbox!

I'd be surprised if it will be 1-3 days, I'd be expecting middle-late next week delivery. I've just sent them a query using their contact form.

Same here too. Was wondering how they would get it through the letter box!

I got a mail back from iBood apologising and including a tracking reference, very quick response, fair play.

I got a mail back from iBood apologising and including a tracking reference, very quick response, fair play.
    Got a response with tracking too although not sure how great the tracking site will be. Either way good customer support and they seem to be upping their game a bit.

• Advertisement

What email did you guys send it to?

I used the contact form on their site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I missed out of this offer. If anyone is looking to sell theirs on, please PM and I'll take it off your hands :)

I used the contact form on their site.
    Log into your account and go to my orders. Should have an option to contact them beside your order

Log into your account and go to my orders. Should have an option to contact them beside your order

Cheers, I didn't create an account though.

Cheers, I didn't create an account though.
    Mail I received came from customerservice@ibood.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,906 ✭✭✭Zardoz

The last set I ordered from Ibood was sent by TNT but delivered locally by An Post ,so highly likely An Post will deliver it.

Cheers, it was more the fit in a normal mailbox rather than choice of courier I was wondering about.

Got a response with tracking too although not sure how great the tracking site will be. Either way good customer support and they seem to be upping their game a bit.

I'm still waiting for a tracking number back from them. Did you guys get a revised delivery date?

They didn't acknowledge the 1-3 day delivery in their response and the parcel tracking doesn't indicate when either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

They didn't acknowledge the 1-3 day delivery in their response and the parcel tracking doesn't indicate when either.

Is the parcel tracking with TNT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Its with a Dutch carrier, assume transfers to partner when it lands.
    Status is currently "Zending in distributieproces"

No reply from my contact form submission or mail.
    Does anyone know if you can change the address at this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭stooge

they dont normally let you change address unless they cant deliver the first time.

Status of my last order never changed from 'Zending in distrbutieproces' until it was actually delivered by the An Post postie through my door. Strange that such a large item would be delivered by post. Imagine if the postie had 4 or 5 to deliver, he wouldnt have much room for anything else.

I just received the following after submitting the ticket yesterday.

"Dear iBOOD'er,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Off course the television will not be shipped by envelope. Unfortunately this is a bug in our system which we cannot adjust.

Behind the scenes they are completely redesigning our website and this takes priority to this issue.

You can always find the track and trace information in My iBOOD. (Log on to your account and check your order via My iBOOD)

We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions or comments about this case, please reply to this e-mail."

I can't find the track and trace number anywhere in my iBood, but it does have the status as sent.

I just received the following after submitting the ticket yesterday.

"Dear iBOOD'er,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Off course the television will not be shipped by envelope. Unfortunately this is a bug in our system which we cannot adjust.

Behind the scenes they are completely redesigning our website and this takes priority to this issue.

You can always find the track and trace information in My iBOOD. (Log on to your account and check your order via My iBOOD)

We apologize for the inconvenience.

If you have any further questions or comments about this case, please reply to this e-mail."

I can't find the track and trace number anywhere in my iBood, but it does have the status as sent.

Mine was basically a copied and pasted version of that, complete with the "off/of" mistake.

Is the parcel tracking with TNT?

Sorry, only seeing this now. As mentioned, it's currently tracked via postnlpakketten.nl; the current status of mine is "Sorted at PostNL: 5-3-2014: Parcel sorted for country of destination".

BTW ferrigan101 & MrStuffins, the mail I received did include a tracking link:

Dear Shred,

Thanks for your e-mail.

Off course the television will not be shipped by envelope blah blah blah

Please find the actual status of your shipment with the link below:

<full URL edited>

Sorry for any inconvenience.

If you have any further questions etc etc

I was able to log in and get mine. Still says it's waiting to be shipped from NL!

• Advertisement

I got that mail too. The tracking info is kinda hard to decipher

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement