If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung UE40F5500

Options

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning lads.

For today only, ibood are doing the above set for €365 delivered. Any chance ye could come anywhere close to that price? Would obviously prefer to buy from ye!

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f5500/sams-ue40f5500
    Hi Soarer.

This screen that iBOOD are selling is:
    • * ) model from Eastern-Europe
    [*]
    [font=Verdana, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif]It is not designed for the UK or Ireland and I would say will have issues with Soarview and HD broadcasts,[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif]I would be do some serious research before purchasing the screen advertised to ensure this will meet your needs.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif]Unfortunately we would not be able to beat this price as it is not the same TV. Sorry![/font]

[font=Verdana, Tahoma, Trebuchet MS, Arial, sans-serif]They also have no stock until 12th of March.[/font]

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Soarer wrote: »
    Morning lads.

For today only, ibood are doing the above set for €365 delivered. Any chance ye could come anywhere close to that price? Would obviously prefer to buy from ye!

http://www.ibood.com/ie/en/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue40f5500/sams-ue40f5500
    This is the critical line from the :

Digital Tuner: DVB-T / DVB-C / DVB-C (HD)

That's how the tuner is described on the iBood 40F5500 - the Samsung UK / IRL model has a DVB-T2 tuner built in.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

That's how the tuner is described on the iBood 40F5500 - the Samsung UK / IRL model has a DVB-T2 tuner built in.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ireland uses DVB-T MPEG-4 for SD and HD transmissions, so unless you live in a border county and want to watch Freeview and Saorview in HD, there is no need for DVB-T2 tuner.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

neto wrote: »

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ireland uses DVB-T MPEG-4 for SD and HD transmissions, so unless you live in a border county and want to watch Freeview and Saorview in HD, there is no need for DVB-T2 tuner.
    Agreed -

DVB-T2 is the latest spec and gives you all the available options - however the UE40F5500 is not on the approved Saorview approved equipment list (AFAIK), therefore I think its the safest option to recommend a unit that will deffo work in every ROI / UK region.

As ever I'm not saying that the iBood TV is not a good TV ( you can see lots of my previous posts about iBood) but its not the same TV we sell!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

neto wrote: »

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Agreed -

DVB-T2 is the latest spec and gives you all the available options - however the UE40F5500 is not on the approved Saorview approved equipment list (AFAIK), therefore I think its the safest option to recommend a unit that will deffo work in every ROI / UK region.

As ever I'm not saying that the iBood TV is not a good TV ( you can see lots of my previous posts about iBood) but its not the same TV we sell!

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Thanks for clarification!

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.