Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repairs to a dangerous storm damaged telegraph pole

Options
  • 26-02-2014 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭

Morning,

I know things must be hectic, but my neighbour reported a snapped telegraph pole that sits between our two rear gardens and we've heard nothing despite chasing.

The pole itself is snapped at the base and we cant let our kids into the garden for fear it will fall. The phone line quality is very poor and broadband running at 0.7Mb.

Can this be escalated as if it falls it will take out about 5 or 6 lines

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

ok so if this falls on top of me or my family then we're covered ? or do we just stop using our garden until someone arrives........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Andip wrote: »
    Morning,

I know things must be hectic, but my neighbour reported a snapped telegraph pole that sits between our two rear gardens and we've heard nothing despite chasing.

The pole itself is snapped at the base and we cant let our kids into the garden for fear it will fall. The phone line quality is very poor and broadband running at 0.7Mb.

thanks
    Hi Andin
    Thanks for the photo, would you be able to PM me with exact address and if you have a landline number this will help. I can have this logged for you. I know it sort of goes without saying but I suppose I would have to advise against allowing your kids near this. We will get new pole in as fast as we can.
    Tony

Morning,

thanks
    Hi Andin
    Thanks for the photo, would you be able to PM me with exact address and if you have a landline number this will help. I can have this logged for you. I know it sort of goes without saying but I suppose I would have to advise against allowing your kids near this. We will get new pole in as fast as we can.
    Tony
    You kindly got this logged under 12182135 but no word on the repair and its just about to fall right through my shed ! - the kids and neighbours cant access the garden because this pole is hanging by the wires.

is there anywhere I can chase for a status update

thanks

Ok, this is now ridiculous.....the telegraph pole is dangerous and my kids havent been able to use the garden since February !!! plus the fact I'm getting 0.7Mb bandwidth on the internet because the pole is hanging over and trying to work from my office at home.

Its damaging my business and unsafe for me and my neighbours.

I've asked for updates and not got them so have now logged this with ComReg in the hope that someone will get a sufficient kick to DO THEIR JOB !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Ok, this is now ridiculous.....the telegraph pole is dangerous and my kids havent been able to use the garden since February !!! plus the fact I'm getting 0.7Mb bandwidth on the internet because the pole is hanging over and trying to work from my office at home.

Its damaging my business and unsafe for me and my neighbours.

I've asked for updates and not got them so have now logged this with ComReg in the hope that someone will get a sufficient kick to DO THEIR JOB !!!!
    Hi Andip
    sorry this has not been seen to yet. I will chase with ground crew there immediately.
    Tony

• Advertisement

Well here we are again.....

I think I'll post daily until this is fixed (if ever).

Ok, so its logged with ComReg but all I want is this fixed before someone gets killed by the pole falling over. My 70 year old neighbour has now been told that as the telegraph pole is in her back garden, Eircom wont touch it !  - erm hello ??

The pole was storm damaged and 6 lines are hanging over the gardens. Its not just bent over, its snapped at the base and the phone lines are actually holding it up. We've had to hire office space as we work from home and our BB is now at O.5Mb.

I phone 1901 today....heard the message about if my call was related to the direct debit stuff...no it wasnt so was presented with two options, 1) home, 2) business. I selected 1) Home....waited 8 minutes, got through to an operator who said I had to dial 1901 for faults. Explained I had, she says oh you have to press 2 then 2 again, not 1 !.

I'm attaching the photo of the pole again, just so that people realise the danger here...for once I'm welcoming councillors onto my doorstep. The fact that the local Eircom depot is literally 2 minutes walk from my house makes this a farce.

Incidentally, my neighbours phone (she's been with Eircom since it was Telecom) is now so bad she has to use her mobile. 

Well done Eircom....covering yourselves in glory - next update tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Well here we are again.....

I think I'll post daily until this is fixed (if ever).

Ok, so its logged with ComReg but all I want is this fixed before someone gets killed by the pole falling over. My 70 year old neighbour has now been told that as the telegraph pole is in her back garden, Eircom wont touch it !  - erm hello ??

The pole was storm damaged and 6 lines are hanging over the gardens. Its not just bent over, its snapped at the base and the phone lines are actually holding it up. We've had to hire office space as we work from home and our BB is now at O.5Mb.

I phone 1901 today....heard the message about if my call was related to the direct debit stuff...no it wasnt so was presented with two options, 1) home, 2) business. I selected 1) Home....waited 8 minutes, got through to an operator who said I had to dial 1901 for faults. Explained I had, she says oh you have to press 2 then 2 again, not 1 !.

I'm attaching the photo of the pole again, just so that people realise the danger here...for once I'm welcoming councillors onto my doorstep. The fact that the local Eircom depot is literally 2 minutes walk from my house makes this a farce.

Incidentally, my neighbours phone (she's been with Eircom since it was Telecom) is now so bad she has to use her mobile. 

Well done Eircom....covering yourselves in glory - next update tomorrow
    Hi Andip

I'm genuinely sorry to hear this - I totally agree it should have been repaired by now. I will follow this up with Tony and the ground cew and of course get back to you as soon as I have more information.

Thank you
    Al

Hi Andip

Just following on from my post this morning..

I've been chasing ths up a while now and I am happy to confirm that I've been assured that an engineer will be out to you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Andip

I've been chasing ths up a while now and I am happy to confirm that I've been assured that an engineer will be out to you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks Alan....I live in hope ! - appreciate the assistance

Andi

Hi Andip

Thanks
    Al

Andi
    No worries Andi

Let me know how it goes

Al

• Advertisement

Hi Andip

Thanks
    Al

Andi
    No worries Andi

Let me know how it goes

Al
    Good to your word, a crew arrived this morning and the new pole is up - just re wiring it now, so thank you Alan, it really is much appreciated.

Hi Andip

Thanks
    Al

Andi
    No worries Andi

Let me know how it goes

Al
    Good to your word, a crew arrived this morning and the new pole is up - just re wiring it now, so thank you Alan, it really is much appreciated.
    That's great to hear Andip 

Just in time for the Easter break and good weather,

Thanks for letting me know and don't hesitate to get in touch with me here if your require help with anything in the future :)

Al

Advertisement