Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Cork - Looking for recommendations

Options
  • 26-02-2014 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All, I'm currently in the process of moving to Cork. I'll be moving on my own and wondering if you could recommend things to do? I'll be living pretty central. Just wondering if there's places you recommend I check out / places you recommend I avoid etc. I'm more-so in my late twenties than early twenties, but if anyone asks i'll deny it ! ;) Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Nice places to live would be Sundays Well and Blackrock.Both not too far from city centre.Check out Meetups Cork and Cork Macra for things to do.

http://www.meetup.com/cities/ie/cork/
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88614497

• Registered Users Posts: 4 deeda85

Excellent, thanks a mill Rhys Essien. I'll checkout the links. I've actually got a place already on Dean Street. Hopefully that area is ok enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,029 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

deeda85 wrote: »
    Excellent, thanks a mill Rhys Essien. I'll checkout the links. I've actually got a place already on Dean Street. Hopefully that area is ok enough?

That's a fine central location.
    Not exactly a posh area but not dodgy either. Biggest problem will be drunk students.
    Some good pubs around there too - Tom Barry's and Bradley's on Barrack St., Fionbarra's and Caughlan's on Douglas St, Callanahn's on Georges Quay, Sober Lane on Sullivan's Quay (good pizza there too) and The Abbey Tavern, just around the corner from you has been taken over by new owners with a good rep.

Advertisement