Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jogging with a lab pup?

• 26-02-2014 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

My lab is about 9 months old and we walk on the beach most mornings. Would it be ok to jog on the beach and have him off the lead? I'm talking light jogging for maybe 20 minutes. I have read that you should wait till they are 18 months but I'm wondering is that for on lead running on concrete.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I wouldnt be jogging with a 9 month old pup just yet. Id give it another few months untill he is fully grown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

With my labrador my dad took him running on soft ground (grass) from 1years old but on the lead and not for a long period until he, the dog, became fitter and more capable of keeping up. It wasn't until he was almost two that we allowed him run off lead in an enclosed or forest area. Constantly walking on concrete will put strain on his joints no matter his age and in a breed such as a labrador their prone to joint problems so they need extra care taken at all stages of their lives.

Advertisement