Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY boot divider!

• 26-02-2014 12:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭

I need to make a boot divider because my ever growing pup is lying across the boot leaving my other dog squashed into the side :o

My requirements are that it only goes up as far as the parcel shelf/blind so I can still use when I don't have the dogs in the car. I don't want something that's going to get in the way of the blind or goes from floor to ceiling. So no file photos of that qashqai boot divider ;)

My boot guard is bolted into place/independent of the seats, is mesh and goes from floor to ceiling so I should be able to attach whatever I come up with easily enough - ideally with velcro in case I get a big order from zooplus etc and need to move it :pac: I have an old aldi boot guard - I was going to use the cross bars off that but they're too long. :(

Any suggestions? It's a Hyundai ix35 btw

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23 cathalobrien

Are you actually trying to DIY? I mean you can probably do it but the safety level with that kind of device would be pretty low.
    Anyway, take a look at dog guards at travall website, maybe that will give you some ideas of how do DIY properly. They will probably have the one for Hyundai ix35 as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm going to DIY using the step as the divider instead of putting it to the side so as not to lose any space ;) I don't see any safety issues - the dogs are harnessed in, the boot guard is bolted in and goes from floor to ceiling and this is just to stop the pup taking up all the space..

Advertisement