Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

septic tank

Options
  • 26-02-2014 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi, i am looking to buy a one bedroom cottage, i was wondering does anyone know please on how much it costs to install a septic tank please.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭joeirish

YOu'll need to get a survey done - percolation test. We are paying 7000 for a wastewater treatment system because of the percolation result and the soil type. You might get away with something cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

Wow that is pricey!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 spiller9020

I recently got a kingspan bio treatment sewage waste tank system installed on a new build. Total cost including install was 5600.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

I recently got a kingspan bio treatment sewage waste tank system installed on a new build. Total cost including install was 5600.

Did that include the ground works, digging the hole for the tank, etc.? Which model did you install? Thx!

Yes that included everything, can't exactly remember the model, envirocare p12 I think, it was sized according to the house size 2700 sq ft.

• Advertisement

Tank picture

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭cambasque

So for a 1 bed. cottage it may be cheaper? What's the stand on dry toilets?

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭joeirish

Yes that included everything, can't exactly remember the model, envirocare p12 I think, it was sized according to the house size 2700 sq ft.

When did you get that installed? I can't seem to find it on the web but they do have other systems advertised.

Got it installed 2 month ago - installed over two days. will try and find out the exact model by the weekend.

http://www.envirocare.ie/sewage_treatment/p6_p12.aspx

Thats the one, its actually a p10. they go from p6 to p12, p states the number of people it provides for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

cambasque wrote: »
    So for a 1 bed. cottage it may be cheaper? What's the stand on dry toilets?
    you might be able to get a grant for it under that new scheme that phil hogan introduced, if you pass a means test.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭shane b

Hi
    As mentioned in earlier post you will need a site assessment conducted to see what the soil is like on your site and at what depth the water table is located. I recently got this done in Meath for €400 including the hire of the minidigger.
    From there it can be determined whether the site is suitable for standard septic tank or the next step up, some type of treatment sytem (boicycle unit). From the site assesment it can also be determined the size and type of the percolation area required. Seeing its a one room cottage this could be small enough.
    If it is an old cottage you may need to apply for planning permission if there is no septic tank already on the site. Im open to correction on that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,211 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Whats the story if your septic tanks fails this local authority inspection thatthey are carrying out? Is there a grant availble if you are eligible for it?

Advertisement