Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Feedback on a Used Car Dealership in Shankill

Options
  • 26-02-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys

Has anyone any feedback on the following Used Car Dealership:-

GK Autopoint Ltd
    Crinken Lane, Shankill, Dublin

Any hoping to buy a car from them and am interested if anyone has dealt with them.

Thanks

Rosemary

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

No previous mentions on boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

rturley wrote: »
    GK Autopoint Ltd
    Crinken Lane, Shankill, Dublin

No dealings, but they've only started trading last November.
    They two directors had 2 previous companies, one of which is closed.

http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Gk-Autopoint-Limited-535635

I wouldn't be comfortable dealing with someone who just set up shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,571 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Over 2 years in Wicklow apparently : http://www.solocheck.ie/Irish-Company/Graham-Keane-Cars-Limited-500961

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

why not?

Don't know the circumstances of their other company closing.
    They could've shut up shop after selling a load of dodgy cars, and reopened another company so they don't have to honour any warranties.

Also, why start another motor company if you have one registered already?
    You would have to produce a different set of accounts to the tax man, so it's double the cost for accountants.

I'm just giving my personal opinion, but I'd be quite suspicious of this crowd.
    I like seeing a proper commercial business premises and a history of a company operating out of there at least a year or two.

• Advertisement

Also if you look at their Facebook page...

Under "Favourites" is says Scrap Car Dublin :eek:

If that doesn't raise alarm bells nothing will.

all very expected comment CD, all a bit over the top all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

Also if you look at their Facebook page...

Under "Favourites" is says Scrap Car Dublin :eek:

If that doesn't raise alarm bells nothing will.

Only seeing this now and would like to comment.

GK Autopoint is a very respectable and well accredited dealer in South Dublin. It is only trading since November but the director whom I personally know has been selling cars in main dealerships locally for years. He went out on his own trading cars to garages a few years back and has decided to now retail cars and open a larger premises offering service, sales and valet, His sister has also joined forces with him hence the change of name.

Creeping Death be very careful about your assumptions, it also says under the company check that their accounts are up to date and no mention of them on the cro webpage for defaulting of tax etc. Your comments can be helpful without being slanderous. These guys are a very professional outfit, just look at their current stock on Carzone or their website. I have also had a look at their facebook page and it looks excellent so don't know what your looking at with your distasteful comments.

I have no problem recommending them, They are moving into a state of the art indoor showroom with large workshop very shortly, Does not sound like someone about to run from a warranty or close their doors. I personally wish them the best of luck and wish their was more honest dealers like him out there. I wouldn't go anywhere else for my car, but maybe I am biased as I know him.

Shocking how people look into the previous cro records and judge / run down somebody. Judge the car on the car, They can all be tracked and accounted for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

BUACHAILL wrote: »
    Only seeing this now and would like to comment.

GK Autopoint is a very respectable and well accredited dealer in South Dublin. It is only trading since November but the director whom I personally know has been selling cars in main dealerships locally for years. He went out on his own trading cars to garages a few years back and has decided to now retail cars and open a larger premises offering service, sales and valet, His sister has also joined forces with him hence the change of name.

Creeping Death be very careful about your assumptions, it also says under the company check that their accounts are up to date and no mention of them on the cro webpage for defaulting of tax etc. Your comments can be helpful without being slanderous. These guys are a very professional outfit, just look at their current stock on Carzone or their website. I have also had a look at their facebook page and it looks excellent so don't know what your looking at with your distasteful comments.

I have no problem recommending them, They are moving into a state of the art indoor showroom with large workshop very shortly, Does not sound like someone about to run from a warranty or close their doors. I personally wish them the best of luck and wish their was more honest dealers like him out there. I wouldn't go anywhere else for my car, but maybe I am biased as I know him.

Shocking how people look into the previous cro records and judge / run down somebody. Judge the car on the car, They can all be tracked and accounted for.

You don't become very respectable and accredited in less than 6 months of incorporton. Respect and loyalty is something you build up over time. I'm sure GK Autopoint Ltd is a good business but surely you can understand that some people being apprehensive about doing business with a limited company that started only in November?

Best of luck with your your 'friends' dealership

Looking at the possibility of opening an independent car dealership in Wicklow town. I am looking for peoples opinions and their thoughts on it.

I will be supplying good value servicing, valeting etc as well as good quality used second hand cars.

There are main dealers in Wicklow but not many if any used car dealers within the town. Again there are tyre centres, main dealers service facilities but are there many independent service garages ?

Thanks in advance for opinions (all welcome)
    Also very open to peoples suggestions, needs, expectations etc

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=75972814&postcount=1

What a coincidence. Both you and your friend seem to have operated a dealership in Wicklow.

• Advertisement

Glued the guy is locally selling cars for the last 15 years (yes it is my friend not me) so i can say he is accredited and established, Its a new company but people know them in the car business quite some time. Thats all I meant.

Yes I can see peoples apprehension which is why I suggested people judge the car for what it is. That tells you more than you need to know.

Suggest you have a look at their stock level first, you will quickly realise what I mean.

Would be interested to know if the original poster met with them to view the car and if so what they thought of them ???

Glued the guy is locally selling cars for the last 15 years (yes it is my friend not me) so i can say he is accredited and established, Its a new company but people know them in the car business quite some time. Thats all I meant.

Yes I can see peoples apprehension which is why I suggested people judge the car for what it is. That tells you more than you need to know.

Suggest you have a look at their stock level first, you will quickly realise what I mean.

Would be interested to know if the original poster met with them to view the car and if so what they thought of them ???

Looking at the possibility of opening an independent car dealership in Wicklow town. I am looking for peoples opinions and their thoughts on it.

I will be supplying good value servicing, valeting etc as well as good quality used second hand cars.

There are main dealers in Wicklow but not many if any used car dealers within the town. Again there are tyre centres, main dealers service facilities but are there many independent service garages ?

Thanks in advance for opinions (all welcome)
    Also very open to peoples suggestions, needs, expectations etc

Come on dude. Don't shill your own business.

glued wrote: »
    Come on dude. Don't shill your own business.

I told you it's not me, never said I wasn't a dealer. Believe what you will, changes nothing the dealer in question is more than trustworthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I told you it's not me, never said I wasn't a dealer. Believe what you will, changes nothing the dealer in question is more than trustworthy.

Have you done business with them?

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Have you done business with them?[/

Yes. Easy to slate people on here, just thought I would shed some light on it all. Not interested in arguing with people. The car either stacks up or it doesn't. Too many dealers tarred with the same brush as the dodgy guys out there who clearly ruin it for everybody else.

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Have you done business with them?[/
    Too many dealers tarred with the same brush as the dodgy guys out there who clearly ruin it for everybody else.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

I'm not going to continue the quote but I've no idea why you are ranting at me. I only asked did you do business with them.

I do agree with some of your post however. Beacon motor group have been slated on here before but my personal experience of them is totally to the contrary.

Im sorry you took it up as a rant directed to you, it really wasn't intended at you but more in general. People have every right to judge on personal experiences but to run a business down simply by its time in business is ridiculous imo and totally ignorant, again just all my opinion and I would tend to agree with your side of things on Beacon also, good guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭porsche boy

When you say 'well accredited' what do you mean? As in who has accredited them and in what capacity? Genuine question, not trying to stir.

Simply means with all the governing bodies who represent certain elements of the motor trade, be it financial, servicing and environmental obligations to health and safety and waste disposal. I know they have also applied to become a member of the SIMI as we were discussing how expensive it is to become a member. To be successful with this everything must be above board including your financial standing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement