Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

epos solution

Options
  • 26-02-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Im looking for a epos solution for my company. Can someone provide some solution please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Moved from Web Design forum.

OP, please be aware a new forum charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

What industry is your company in? The needs of the ePos system are going to vary massively depending on what you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 pochol

toy store is my industry

So you are a retail store. I am in retail and just switched to getpose.com and it works superbly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

airpos is excellent and very customizable imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 pochol

thx ill try both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭YellowSheep

pochol wrote: »
    thx ill try both of them

Www.erply.com

• Registered Users Posts: 7 siuda

Are you trading online as well? epos post-integration with online store might be expensive if system is not prepared to support it.

Its been a while now I would have thought that it might be a bit late to tell them that now! Hopefully they got set up grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 eequalsmc2

Hi,

I hope no one minds me reopening this. I'm also looking for a new POS system for a cafe. I'm also looking at the benefits of accounting software integration. Is it worth getting something like Vend and Xero or would I be better off with Airpos and Sage one for example? One pack is a lot cheaper than the other. Any recommendations?

Thank you!

• Advertisement

Most of them have a specific cafe version now I would take advantage of the free trials on a couple and see which you feel works best for you. They've all come quite far since this thread was started so they're all pretty decent.

jimmii wrote: »
    Most of them have a specific cafe version now I would take advantage of the free trials on a couple and see which you feel works best for you. They've all come quite far since this thread was started so they're all pretty decent.

Unfortunately I cant really afford the time input at this early stage in the business. Just too busy with more important things. At least if I start with a good option then I dont have to change.

eequalsmc2 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I cant really afford the time input at this early stage in the business. Just too busy with more important things. At least if I start with a good option then I dont have to change.

It's worth putting in a bit of time now to make sure its the right one for you saves you a lot more time in the long run. Just need to check it has all the back office stuff you need and that the front of house is easier enough to use shouldn't take long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

For a cafe, most epos will be suitable.

Go with a local company that can give support to you quickly if needed.

We use comcal systems in Dublin, the pos system they use is icrtouch - google it and all details of system can be found.

Thanks for the reply. We have a website too where we sell things which makes a little difference to us. We have looked at Vend and Xero as I say, but now I'm also looking at Clover despite how expensive it is. I definitely want a modern system and preferably something with contactless payments (but its not a deal breaker).

If we go the Vend route then we need a separate card reader. I dont think iZettle is in Ireland. Therefore, I've been tossing up between Sumup and Payleven. However, I'm concerned by the slow flow rate of these systems. Closing and opening different apps and then entering in the same amounts twice (pos and reader) and closing and reopening apps again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

hey lads just looking into something similar here myself, has anyone here ended up using clover or have you used a cheaper alternative?

looking to get something all encompassing really

from stock control to integrating with online banking, sage etc..

Advertisement